Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting such a run around when I call Jeep. I can't get anywhere and I never seem to be getting worked up with my claim. This car is darn near to Lemon status and they won't even call me or talk when I call. I am in the SW region of the US. Help someone please!!!! I need a car to drive... over 20 days in shop 3 times same issue.... :crying:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good luck. I have found a nickel to be worth five cents more than anyone I've reached out to at FCA. Sorry you're in the same boat. I gave up, which I think is their strategy. "Make it aggravating enough and they'll just go away".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try the pm thanks for that. I have called a lemon lawyer but there isn't much they can do until I actually hit the lemon threshold. Which will be soon. Even then I don't know how much time it will take after that happens. I appreciate your support. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get a rental at least.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I will try the pm thanks for that. I have called a lemon lawyer but there isn't much they can do until I actually hit the lemon threshold. Which will be soon. Even then I don't know how much time it will take after that happens. I appreciate your support. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get a rental at least.

I'm actually surprised Jack hadn't already reached out to you based on your posts so far. He's pretty good about that. He is a tremendous contact to have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You definitely need to call Jeep Care if they are not giving you a rental car. I can't believe they didn't give you a rental. Call them 5 times a day or more if that is what it takes to get some action.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Thanks everybody I think we are getting somewhere finally got a call today. Looks like I will be getting a rental car finally! Yea! Not sure of the details but I don't feel invisible anymore.
Jessica, just wondering if you have an update? Are they going to be buying back the Renegade? Did they figure out what's wrong with it yet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No go

:crying:
Jessica, just wondering if you have an update? Are they going to be buying back the Renegade? Did they figure out what's wrong with it yet?
Hey so I had to take a break from the forum Life Stress is pushing me to the edge! I am still driving a 13' Dart on loan from the dealership while the Renegade I pay on every month is sitting in the lot. I called the day before the strike and asked for an update from the Engineering department since they blew by the original date for the transmission update.

I believe that they may just be trying to keep it as long as possible so that my time for declaring it a lemon will be very short once I get it back. They have had it 74 days straight this time. 79 days total! But yet they only show it as 1 repair attempt. So yep.... pretty much going to docs now for medication so that I just don't care anymore.... I have actually put enough miles on the loaner I had to take it for an oil change.... :(

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
What state? 79 days should get you past the lawyering up stage in pretty much every one except where they require you submit something to start the class class clock. You don't have to get it back for them to have failed to repair it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lemonade anyone?

Thanks raz-0

I am in Nevada. The last time I talked to an attorney they indicated I needed actual paperwork indicating the repair attempts (which I have only 1 invoice- I guess if they only hook it up but don't actually do anything they don't write it as an attempt).

But yes as far as days go we are well passed the 30 day mark for my state. So sad because I tell myself I won't be driving it again but then I turn around and worry about it getting flat spots on the tires from sitting there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.