Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is a sport. It is however a Latin America spec, so not sure it’s the exactly the same. The engine certainly isn’t (here it’s sold with a Fiat 1.8 e-torq NA), regarding equipment, it originally had the manual AC, the monochrome screen gauges, 5” infotainment with nav and 6 speakers, backup camera and parking sensors. I’m pretty sure the rest is the same, so nothing different in such a thing as ac controls, the auto ones I put were bought in eBay US, so these are certainly the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Arvindnc, sorry you didn't get the results you were looking for. For whatever reason my results were a little different. I do get a higher fan speed at start up but after time the system throttles down to 3 lights, about 25%. It also redirects to defrost, floor and dash so the noise isn't audible. I'm not sure if I have additional sensors with the options I have, I haven't looked into it. Worst case I control the system manually. I do agree that the flashing odometer is annoying. Let us know if switching back to the stock unit stops the flashing.
Yes. The blnking odometer is back to normal. No more Can-Bus errors after I put the original controls back. Ebay refunded the amount in full. Just cost me 18 bucks to ship it back

Arvindnc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello to anyone, I have change my manual AC in auto Ac, I have a sport edition 2.0 diesel (latitude model), after the upgrade the odometer not blinking, but for security i have make the proxy alligment; all work, but the MES (i don't know if you know this program) give me an open circuit from 5 sensor....maybe they are not present in the Sport edition...i wnat to know if anyone know were and the name of this sensors for make a full upgrade to the automatic ac. In the attachment ther is an screenshot of the missing sensors

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I believe there are some sensors that are required for full functionality of the auto climate. I don't believe there are separate temperature sensors or mixing valves for the dual zone climate installed on the manual control vehicles. I can manually control all functions of the unit except the dual zone. The passenger side will always blow the same temp regardless of what the indicator says. There could be additional sensors as well. I don't know if installing all the sensors is doable with the stock sport computer, it may not recognize them at all and the wiring harness may not have provisions for the sensors either. You could also try to source the harness and sensors from a wrecked Limited but not sure if the sport computer will work with it. What ever you decide to do keep the forum updated as I'm sure many others will follow in your footsteps if you get it to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good morning, thank you for the answer...so..maybe the computer of auto climate receipt the signal of sensor, because it was mount in a limited...and i have look on the schematic electric and I have see that there isn't differents from manual and automatic climate.
but.... I have look in the place where is installed sensor in the air flow and the solar sensor and i can see that there isn't the connect and cable...so after installing the sensor I must to put the cable from sensor (solar, temperature etc..) to the central computer...I think is a long work and not very easy.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys, yestarday I have installer the solar sensor (or load sun sensor how call in USA) and the cabin sensor....so now it's more good the functional of auto climate...but without the sensor in the exit of air flow the system don't divide the flow of the air from hight, front and dowwn exit of air.... maybe I find the part number of the probe, but I don' find where i can buy it...

Someone can help me?
The part number it's that:
OEM 68130668AA (mopar)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello....sorry Idon't know for now... but in the italian forum there are a person who try to replace the same climate like me....when i know more i upgrade the discussion

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't mean to pee in anyone's Wheaties, but I just read all these posts about converting to automatic climate control and one word kept ringing in my mind: WHY ??

Is it THAT hard to adjust the temp and fan speed yourself ?

1. Too cold/hot. Turn knob.
2. Too much/little air. Turn knob.
3. Adjust as desired.

That was easy, wasn't it ?

I must be getting old because for the life of me I can't understand why someone would put themselves through the parts/cost/time/effort to avoid turning two simple knobs to only end up with a PARTIAL "automatic" climate control system.

I've seen it dozens of times on other things on other cars. People are forever trying to add options they didn't get originally. When you ask does it work like factory, the answer always is, "Yep !! (pause) Well, everything except...." then the lengthy "exception list" starts. Well guess what ? The end result is IT DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY.

Heading out to my Latitude with manual climate controls. Woe is me. I may have to (gasp) turn a knob from 3 to 4, maybe even (the horror) 5 or more. Or (gasp, gurgle, grunt) turn a knob one click down on my AC to make it cooler. Oh Lordy, I may have to turn it clockwise OR counter-clockwise, I JUST DON'T KNOW !! Pray for me as I deal with my First World problems.

Rant over. As you were.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No one’s saying it’s hard, friend. It’s convenient. Those are different.
The purpose of machines is to do tasks for us. Any task that doesn’t require creative or emotional input or doesn’t bring joy is a good task to be done by a machine.

I miss the auto climate control from my Mercedes, because I never had to think about it, so I could focus on driving, both in terms of paying attention and of enjoying it.

If you enjoy fiddling with the AC every fifteen minutes, more power to you, but it’s not a reflection of your moral character. It’s not like you chopped your own wood to heat your house; you twiddled a knob.

Have a Snickers.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I miss the auto climate control from my Mercedes, because I never had to think about it, so I could focus on driving, both in terms of paying attention and of enjoying it.

Have a Snickers.
If anyone cannot focus on driving and pay attention whilst making a simple change to their auto climate control then they have a major issue in their driving style.

Have a Snickers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Again, there's no lack of ability, it's a desire to eliminate unnecessary tasks.

Y'all are getting hung up on difficult when the issue is unnecessary.
The only disadvantage to the auto AC is that it costs money.
Things cost money.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
115 Posts
I wonder if there’s a way to install a dual climate system with this as well🤔

21 - 40 of 40 Posts