Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently had my 2018 Jeep Renegade repaired at the shop for coolant leaks since my reservoir would not hold any coolant. The mechanic who repaired it told me it due to a busted O-ring and replaced it for me. The day I picked up the car, I drove it around and ran into no issues until later that day when I got off of work. I was driving on the highway around 65-70 mph and two exits down from my street, the coolant gauge shot up to the red. I slowly drove the rest of the way home to prevent damage, and luckily the gauge went down to normal by the time I arrive home. Immediately I checked to see if any coolant had leaked, and there way a small pinhole leak in the upper hosing and the coolant reservoir was still full. The next day I went to pick up some Bar's Leak sealant to seal the leak and that seemed to work. But later on in the day I still noticed the coolant gauge slowly creeping up again.

I have tried the trick of expelling the air from the reservoir by uncapping and letting the engine run idle for 15 minutes twice already. And to this day the reservoir is still full.
Now I do need to mention that I have had a previous accident that caused damage to my front bumper, but there was no damage to my radiator. The mechanic I initially went to even said there was no radiator leakage.

Any advice as to what might be wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ensure the two-speed radiator cooling fan operating on both speeds.
I believe I found the solution, and it looks like I still have a leak in the upper hose. I checked it last night and noticed the coolant was bubbling and that there was coolant leaking near the hose clamp. It looks like the initial sealant I used did not work and would need to find a more better solution.

I will keep this updated.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
812 Posts
Small leaks are unlikely to cause an indicated temperature rise unless the leaks has depleted the reservoir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts