Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 trailhawk 2430mi....you know I 've had a couple little things going on but latest thing is oil is down 3/4 quart...come be break-in....or under filled when build or combo of both....but the latest thing that's a little more concerning for me is the coolant level is a .75" lower that the low level......never heard of losing coolant during breakin period......I love fca products 15 challenger 16 ram 1500 and now 17 renegade......I love this little jeep...was thinking giving to son and going up in 4x4 capability....but I don't want to give this to him if it's going to be problematic .......hear a little whirling noise.....I was going to wait till I need a oil change...the jeep wave program give you two oil change/tire rotations a year for two years.....but losing coolant is nothing to mess with......we have jeep cares and jeep wave with the trailhawk.....I guess I should go in but my local dealership.....they sell them fast but when it comes fixing them they fall short....my ram truck had a shaky passenger seat I would of unzipped the top upholstery and tightened lumbar support....well they had it 20 days...what did it say order lumbar support....never offered car till last 3 days because I had pressing appt......what are we using for coolant manual says one thing and service manual says another....could they make it any more confusing .....I suppose 10/100,000mi oat ms 12106 is the one .....help losing coolant and whirling noise back in the day we would pressure check and check waterpump for looseness at bearing......anyone it wouldn't be so bad if my dealer didn't s.... sorry for language but there horrible rather fix myself then go there.......well it feels good to let it out....maybe with Kori and dan and jeep waves I be in good hands

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
Check around the expansion tank/reservoir for weeping/coolant residue. The plastic hose clips they use here are famous for sometimes not being very good.

Reactions: morgancal

·
Registered
14 Posts
2017 trailhawk 2430mi....you know I 've had a couple little things going on but latest thing is oil is down 3/4 quart...come be break-in....or under filled when build or combo of both....but the latest thing that's a little more concerning for me is the coolant level is a .75" lower that the low level......never heard of losing coolant during breakin period.
Did you ever find out what was causing your vehicle to love coolant? We have the same issue in 2015 Renegade. Been going on for a year and we've just kept an eye on it and keep adding to it. Had a couple of people look at it and had it pressure tested - no answer...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you ever find out what was causing your vehicle to love coolant? We have the same issue in 2015 Renegade. Been going on for a year and we've just kept an eye on it and keep adding to it. Had a couple of people look at it and had it pressure tested - no answer...
no problem.....must of been low from factory...topped it off and no problem....why do I remember some kind of coolant loss somewhere.....research a little more...check your tsbs out....might be in there...good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts