Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since deals may be hard to find for us early buyers and orderers, it occurred to me that the Costco buying program might be a good way to get a good price. Anyone ever buy a car through Costco?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Since deals may be hard to find for us early buyers and orderers, it occurred to me that the Costco buying program might be a good way to get a good price. Anyone ever buy a car through Costco?

Just submitted an inquiry and was connected to a dealer local to me. I'm going to meet up with them on Thursday night so I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm planning on ordering (apparently they're taking custom orders now) a loaded Trailhawk including the MySky roof.

·
Registered
499 Posts
How exactly does the Costco purchase program work? What benefits or discounts can you get?

It's just like TrueCar or the other car buying services from AAA, Amex, etc.

Dealers agree to a no-haggle price for members of these services, you see the bottom-line price up front, take it or leave it.

It usually comes out to a few hundred over dealer invoice (sometimes under - depends on the car I guess), so depending on market and negotiating skills, one can theoretically do better, but for those who don't want to go through the hassle at all, it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just finished a factory order using Costco. Came in at 500 under invoice.
Good job, how did you pull that off, I thought the Costco program was like 300 over invoice?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good job, how did you pull that off, I thought the Costco program was like 300 over invoice?
It varies from car to car I guess - for the Renegade, it was 500 under invoice, which comes out to $1569 under MSRP with all the options I added.

Very satisfied with the deal, I was actually ready to pay over invoice if they insisted! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
It varies from car to car I guess - for the Renegade, it was 500 under invoice, which comes out to $1569 under MSRP with all the options I added.

Very satisfied with the deal, I was actually ready to pay over invoice if they insisted! :D
So Renegade Trailhawk MSRP base is $25,995, invoice is $25,141. You got $500 under $25,141??? Is this correct or am I misunderstanding?:confused: I hope I'm not cause I'm a Costco member!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
So Renegade Trailhawk MSRP base is $25,995, invoice is $25,141. You got $500 under $25,141??? Is this correct or am I misunderstanding?:confused: I hope I'm not cause I'm a Costco member!!!
Well I had options in there too, but yeah - that's the gist of it. I got $500 under invoice, not $500 under MSRP.

·
Registered
499 Posts
At the dealer placing my order now - $950 below invoice, plus whatever incentives and rebates are available at the time.
Below invoice or below MSRP? If below invoice, congrats! That's a sweet deal! Costco was only doing 500 below invoice here on Long Island :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Below invoice - I was happily surprised too. Very happy with the experience so far. No BS - just a nice guy who could tell I knew what I was talking about and what I wanted and respected that, but also knew as much and a little more. Price seems great - Orange TH w/power my sky, tow, decal, popular equipment (which requires the addition of remote start and keyless entry - kind of irritating but only way to get the power seats and includes other things we wanted)...$31,550 with all the tax and fees - and as stated before, there could be additional rebates and incentives at delivery too. Now, I just hope they won't try to lowball me on my trade in.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Below invoice - I was happily surprised too. Very happy with the experience so far. No BS - just a nice guy who could tell I knew what I was talking about and what I wanted and respected that, but also knew as much and a little more. Price seems great - Orange TH w/power my sky, tow, decal, popular equipment (which requires the addition of remote start and keyless entry - kind of irritating but only way to get the power seats and includes other things we wanted)...$31,550 with all the tax and fees - and as stated before, there could be additional rebates and incentives at delivery too. Now, I just hope they won't try to lowball me on my trade in.
Awesome, congrats on the great deal. You could try selling your car to CarMax if the dealer won't give you a good price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.