Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This are seems dead, guess I'll post here. :)

Planning to do my first oil change early, and I'm slowly creeping up on 5k miles anyway. Want to take advantage of the Jeep Wave free oil changes for now. Although I usually like doing my own and can check for any metal that way, I feel like the skip plates might make this a bit of a hassle for now, and why not take advantage of the free ones. Are they going to be able to reset the oil change counter before it has even come on? How can you even verify that it's been reset? Is there any way to see how much estimated life is left on the current oil?

Other than the jack and funnel, what else has everyone gotten in their little equipment bag in the trunk? I saw a space for the tow hook, which wasn't in there, and maybe another pot or two for some parts that I'm wondering if they are missing or just weren't included with my TH.

Thanks!

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

· Registered
112 Posts
RE: oil life - Yes, I think you can see the oil life in the 'Vehicle Info' menu. All this is in the cluster display, control via the right touch pad on the steering wheel?

Sorry I'm typing this from my desk so I can't goto the jeep to find out.

To reset... find the oil life screen and hold the 'OK' button on the steering wheel. I dunno I think all this is pretty simple.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I don't have an oil life monitor in my 2015 Trailhawk, but an oil change notice message does come on. I changed my oil before the oil change notice came on, but when it did come on I reset it by turning on the ignition (not starting), flooring & releasing the gas pedal three times, and then turning off the ignition.

I purchased the eye-bolt (tow hook) and put it into the equipment bag. I wanted to have it if I have something on the roof and I need a fourth tie-down point. The little cover unsnaps from the bumper on the right side and then you can screw in the eye-bolt.

Yeah, it bugged me a little that there were spaces in the equipment bag for items that were not included.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. It looks like there is more missing than just the eye-bolt, so I was curious. I was planning to contact the dealership and have them get me whatever should be there. They should be able to easily get the eyebolt when new ones are delivered. I would think.
@Mead I'll look again, but I don't think that information is anywhere on my 2016 TH w/ UConnect 5.0. Maybe 6.5 has it for some stupid odd reason, since it should be in the cluster display, but I think they are somehow tied together. And on mine, it's the left side of the steering wheel that you cycle through the cluster display options. Right side is cruise control options? Maybe that was just a mistake as you said you weren't at the vehicle to check. If you can, any specific information would help me as it drives me nuts that a vehicle doesn't show that.

I don't want to reset it after I've changed the oil, because then I get back to trying to remember what my miles were and since owning a vehicle previously that displayed oil life remaining, I've come to rely on that instead of writing down my mileages. It just would be nice to have an idea of how soon I'll be taking it in for an oil change rather than wait for the light to come on when I might be on a trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.