Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday, I parked in a hospital lot and went to visit a friend in hospital. Everything seemed normal. I came out a couple hours later and got into the car and had to back out carefull etc. Usually the Courtesy lights (the 2 lights above the front windshield that go on when you enter the car and off usually when you start driving. I don't know exactly when they are supposed to turn off, but as I entered the roadway I was aware they were still on. This was at dusk and I had the lights on. All the way home they stayed on. I tried pushing the buttons next to them, but it made no difference. AFter I got home I parked and they stayed on. AFter I turned of the engine they stayed on for awhile. Finally the passenger side light went out and eventually the driver side one also. I can find nothing about this issue in the manual. I had not adjusted or pushed any of the buttons up there.
This is a 2020 Renegade.

today I drove the car and the lights went off and on as usual, didn't stay on while driving.

what is the cause and what can be done about this?

·
Registered
671 Posts
yesterday, I parked in a hospital lot and went to visit a friend in hospital. Everything seemed normal. I came out a couple hours later and got into the car and had to back out carefull etc. Usually the Courtesy lights (the 2 lights above the front windshield that go on when you enter the car and off usually when you start driving. I don't know exactly when they are supposed to turn off, but as I entered the roadway I was aware they were still on. This was at dusk and I had the lights on. All the way home they stayed on. I tried pushing the buttons next to them, but it made no difference. AFter I got home I parked and they stayed on. AFter I turned of the engine they stayed on for awhile. Finally the passenger side light went out and eventually the driver side one also. I can find nothing about this issue in the manual. I had not adjusted or pushed any of the buttons up there.
This is a 2020 Renegade.

today I drove the car and the lights went off and on as usual, didn't stay on while driving.

what is the cause and what can be done about this?
under warranty, let the dealer fix----you will get answers here, but let the dealer fix----not a normal problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts