Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this creating noise coming from the front, it happens at low speeds. I made this video - you'll hear me shift between drive and reverse, and after moving a bit and hitting the brakes, it creaks/squeaks. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
618 Posts
Noticed this creating noise coming from the front, it happens at low speeds. I made this video - you'll hear me shift between drive and reverse, and after moving a bit and hitting the brakes, it creaks/squeaks. Any ideas? Thanks!

heard nothing--- if it squeals when stepping on the brakes, check the front brakes--- stones. dirt, bad pads etc.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
463 Posts
Couldn’t hear anything either, but I agree with something in the brake pads, or a bushing wearing out somewhere.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The motor mounts are notorious for going bad as well. If you're changing from drive to park and back and forth, getting a lot of jerking and squeaking.... that could be an issue as well. Have someone shift through the gears while you watch the engine bay and see how much movement you're getting on the engine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It happens at low speeds constantly... not related to shifting. Has anyone had the strut mounts go bad on these? It sounds like a milder version of that, but turning the wheel doesn't set it off.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
I remember a time I heard a noise coming from the front of a car.

Realising I was on a talking weigh-bridge and understood what the machine was saying truly came as a shock.

"Get out the motor ya fat barsteward" was being repeated. I exited the car and the voice said, "Thankyou, the scales are now within their normal operating parameters"

Could this be a possibility? :unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
463 Posts
Have you tried checking the brakes? Seriously, I’ve had your exact problem a month or so ago. Bad creaking noise, was worried a bushing was going out on the front right wheel. Took off the wheel, and noticed a leaf stem wedged between the brake pad and rotor. Took it out and the noise was gone. You wouldn’t think it would be something like that but sure enough..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts