Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a similar issue, though not when braking alone. Sounds like creaking floorboards coming from the front of the vehicle whenever there's a slight body movement, i.e., acceleration, braking, speed humps, inclines, etc. Always at low speed, but I doubt you'd be able to hear it at higher speeds. Mine started int he front right but now is basically both sides, all within the last 500–1000 miles.

Planning a trip to the dealer in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
My first guess would be the sway bar bushing(s). Maybe a little of the correct type of grease will quiet things. Another guess although less likely would be the damper (shock) itself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This may not be related to your issue, but I'm just going to throw it out there anyways since it saved me from tearing my vehicle apart and going crazy. I had a slight creaking/rattling sound that started after driving the Jeep for a few weeks. It sounded like something in the glove box, but I removed everything and the sound still occurred whenever I hit any size bump in the road. I was convinced that there was something in the dash that was loose and was planning to take it to the dealer, when I happened to bump the rear view mirror in the center of the windshield. Upon re-positioning it, I found a heavy duty zip tie that was rattling against the metal of the rear view mirror arm. I cut it off, and the sound disappeared for good. The dealer must have just ripped a tag off that was hanging from the mirror instead of cutting the zip tie. Like I said, it doesn't entirely sound like what you are experiencing, but definitely worth a check. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Wow, that's the first I hear of that one (on a "new" Renegade).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Solution for creaking sound from the front of the vehicle

I've seen a couple other threads/posts of owners hearing a creaking/squeaking sound coming from the front of the vehicle, so I figured I'd post my experience.

I started hearing the creaking sound sometime after 8,000 miles. It'd happen (noticeably) at low speeds when any force was applied to the suspension. Sounded like old floorboards and made my Renegade sound and feel about 15 years older. Took it to the dealer at about 9k miles and over 3 days they tried a few different remedies including take the front suspension apart and re-lubricating everything. Eventually they ordered 2 new lower control arms and that did the trick, drives like a bran new car—which it is!

tl;dr had to get the lower control arms replaced in my 2015 TH at 9,000 miles.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems strange to happen at such low mileage. The only "off-roading" I've done is rough forest roads and a couple sandy trails.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the update. This appears to be one of my only new car issue I have with the Rene. I developed the creaking in front right as well after only 300 miles. Not a huge deal b/c the driving dynamics don't appear to be affected, but that noise at low speed is annoying. So thanks to your thread I have something to direct them to versus the dealer farting around for days to figure it out. I am going to put around 1500 on the clock before I bother taking it into Jeep, and will add this to the small list of stuff I want looked at. Also have the wind slight wind noise over 50+ MPH from driver window. Again not a end all but I despise noises that shouldn't be there on a new vehicle.

Other than these two annoyances, the truck drives peachy especially with eh turbo 4 and manual transmission. I am having a hoot properly breaking this lil engine in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New user here. Less than 3500 miles on my renegade 2016 manual transmission. I have the exact same problem: noise coming out of front right at low speed. It started at about 3k miles. The problem is worse in warmer days than in cold days. I will visit the dealer in a few days and let you know the result.

·
Registered
263 Posts
New user here. Less than 3500 miles on my renegade 2016 manual transmission. I have the exact same problem: noise coming out of front right at low speed. It started at about 3k miles. The problem is worse in warmer days than in cold days. I will visit the dealer in a few days and let you know the result.
So what did you find out if you dont mind me asking. Going in friday after next. Would like to steer this group of jerk offs they call advisors in the right direction.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeep making creaking noise when braking and accelerating from a stop

Long story short my 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk is making a noise it did a while ago. While braking and then accelerating from a stop a clicking is heard. Also while driving at low speeds and turning the steering wheel I hear an audible clicking sound. I took it to the dealer many times. Recently a tech drove it and said it is possible that something is wrong with the power train. My service adviser was quick to dismiss him and said that it is normal. He said he had techs check out my car and nothing is wrong.

Can anyone confirm this? @JeepCares what should I do?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is something like my videos in Dropbox?

Dealer are unable or unwilling to deal with the matter at all. Sometimes lost in the clink away and then comes back.
The clink of gear shifting, accelerating, gear momentum behind the adoption, and the difference between turning the steering wheel.

I have 2WD 6MT 1,4L(103 kW) Renegade longitude 2015

Videos:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq95zlm62hed5h7/Ren_gaas.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvlnopc0drbmje5/Renegade käigukast.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tguchurzeel6idj/Ren_suve.mp4?dl=0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Creaking/rattling at low speed problem not fixed

So what did you find out if you dont mind me asking. Going in friday after next. Would like to steer this group of jerk offs they call advisors in the right direction.
Hi, it has been two months and many visits to the dealer but the problem is not fixed and now the problem appears worse. I just took my car back yesterday.

My car (2016 renegade 1.4T Manual) has the following problems: 1. at low speed the front right generates a creaking noise over slightly uneven surfaces. The front right also rattles when clutch is engaged/disengaged at low speed. This problem first occurred at about 3000 miles (and now it is still there). 2. Starting from about 4000 miles, there is a humming noise coming from below at above 30 mph. This noise sounds like the tire is running on a rumble strip just less intense. (this problem may not be relevant to this thread.) The dealer worked on problem 1 and they do not seem to be willing to work on problem 2.

This car is a commute car. I do not drive off-road.

Let's focus on problem 1:

First they replaced the front lower control arm and bushing. The car was OK for one day then the creaking and rattling started again. They then replaced the engine mount. They told me that the engine mount is moving and they can even see its moving. The creaking and rattling problem was completely gone for a week. but after a 3-day road trip (all high way), the creaking and rattling problem started again. After dealer's diagnose, they replaced the front exhaust pipe and another part they claim loose. I haven't got their official repair work paper so i am not sure what the other part they replaced is. but, the car is not fixed and the dealer admits that the problem is still there at the shop. I took the car back yesterday and plan to visit the dealer next Tuesday. The dealer told me they do not know how to fix it right now.

I now seriously doubt if they are serious about diagnosis since a lot of parts have be replaced and the problem is not fixed. For a brand new car under factory warranty, the dealer might just prefer to throw new parts in blindly but not to work on the diagnosis.

I will keep you posted about this issue. I will try to record the noise later.

Guys, if you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.