Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This has probably been discussed before,but I can’t find anything that truly describes my problem. I have a 2018 non TH 4x4 with 46k, and I’m getting a really annoying creaking sound when I let off the brake to accelerate. Or when I slow down to make a turn. Basically, anytime the vehicle’s front end takes a dip forward or backward. I’ve checked everything to my knowledge and everything seems tight and clean. There’s no play in any of the suspension components. Thanks for reading….

·
Registered
2018 Renegade
10 Posts
Mag, you might try squirting a bit of silicone spray up underneath on different moving parts: Hit the control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, etc. The spray won't fix it permanently, but it might help identify the problem.

A funny story: I had a similar problem on another car (a Subaru) and I had my wife hang out the window to listen for the source. She found it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mag, you might try squirting a bit of silicone spray up underneath on different moving parts: Hit the control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, etc. The spray won't fix it permanently, but it might help identify the problem.

A funny story: I had a similar problem on another car (a Subaru) and I had my wife hang out the window to listen for the source. She found it.
Thanks for the recommendation. What did the Subaru end up needing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tighten the bolt that holds the shock. Access is inside hood. Follow the shock and you will see where it is. Mine was slightly loose and did the same especially on turns. It stopped it completely. Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts