Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have noticed specifically in the morning when it is cold that my Trailhawk makes a creaky noise in the front (suspension area) when going over deep road bumps. It is a cross between creaky and a sort of rubbing sound. However, when it is very warm out the sound doesn't occur. I've looked on Jeep Wrangler forums and read this is in relation to the sway bar brushing and it just needs to be lubricated with silicone or replaced.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of creak?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hmmmm depending on what temperature it is at night and in the morning it could just be a bit of frozen condensation (Or so my dealership told me when this happened to my coupe). Have you taken it to a garage yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have not. It started maybe a week ago and I have been trying to listen for it ever since. I notice it a few times a week, but the sound hasn't necessarily been getting louder. I am going to drive it around more to see if I can pinpoint where it may be happening. It sounds like drivers side. I really hope it is something that just needs lubrication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.