Jeep Renegade Forum banner
101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
they work just the same as the more pricey ones - so screw it lol the mounts are a bit beefy but they work awesome
and if i could get them cheap why not !!! they do the same thing as the more $$ ones so im happy as poo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went with the Rino Rack Sx Vortex bars and the Large X Tray basket. Read about people having wind noise. I haven't had any to speak of as yet. You can hear it up there with the radio off but no whistling at all 65-70 mph.
This is a Sport model. Got the cross bars from a junk yard in NY. $395 all in with shipping. www.car-part.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I highly recommend the Thule AeroBlade Edge. They fit very nicely and go completely flush with the Renegade mounting bars. I currently have a Thule Canyon Rack to go with it. Check out my garage for more info on the parts. Worth every penny. Had them for 2 years now and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone comment on how easily the different brands of bars come on and off? I'm looking for something to throw a kayak on and maybe a cargo box, but maybe only a couple times a year. So, obviously, I don't want to pay $500 for something I'll rarely use, and I don't want to leave them on. Wind noise is not an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ,

we use Thule 775 + 962 WingBars (135 cm long, recommended by Thule configurator) or 969 WingBars (127 cm long and that´s enough) - all do suit perfectly.

Just file off numbers on locks - Thule uses 200 combinations of locks with number on them and either keys and jacks know that. You can even get same number of locks for roof cross bars and roof box (made of Thule, of course).

Larry, Prague, Czech Republic
Jeep Renegade 1,4 MultiAir 2 Limited

·
Registered
2016 Trailhawk
170 Posts
I had a very loud whistling noise with my rhino rack with ski racks. I taped off the gap between the ski rack and the cross bars and... Silence. Easy temporary fix, soon to be replaced with a foam wedge or maybe a plastic screwed into the ski holders.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the Yakima Whispbars. They look like they were made for the Renegade and no whistle. Had to bite the $$$ bullet due to hating the whistle others made. The roof still opens without hitting it. Bought it on Amazon. Be sure to get the longer S46 Rail 970 (1040-1140mm). Why they make two S46's is beyond me. They are pricey but very heavy and extremely well made. Madness has a set that looks like it might work for about $100 less.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've found some fairings that would work but having a hard time finding some inexpensive cross bars. Some of the ones earlier in this post are not available (or maybe I just can't find them!) Just looking for something inexpensive to carry a kayak once in awhile. Preferably a sleeker design and black. Although painting them would not be a big deal. Can anyone point me in the right direction??!!

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I've found some fairings that would work but having a hard time finding some inexpensive cross bars. Some of the ones earlier in this post are not available (or maybe I just can't find them!) Just looking for something inexpensive to carry a kayak once in awhile. Preferably a sleeker design and black. Although painting them would not be a big deal. Can anyone point me in the right direction??!!
I have the ones like these that have been posted a lot:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Univer...s-Carrier-Fit-Toyota-/182127944039?rmvSB=true

I painted them black.

·
Registered
476 Posts
@minitj21
My husband says, "Thanks!". He says he doesn't like the look of the bars (we got them to transport our kayaks) but he hasn't taken them off yet! We are going to paint them bronze to match the rest of trim.

·
Registered
228 Posts
@minitj21
My husband says, "Thanks!". He says he doesn't like the look of the bars (we got them to transport our kayaks) but he hasn't taken them off yet! We are going to paint them bronze to match the rest of trim.
I would also like to paint them bronze once they come in. Let me know if you find a good paint match! I was recently at home depot just looking and they had several spray paints that look like it would be a close color.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I will let you know! Hopefully the humidity drops here so we can spray them in the next few days.

101 - 120 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.