Jeep Renegade Forum banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
@minitj21
My husband says, "Thanks!". He says he doesn't like the look of the bars (we got them to transport our kayaks) but he hasn't taken them off yet! We are going to paint them bronze to match the rest of trim.
I would also like to paint them bronze once they come in. Let me know if you find a good paint match! I was recently at home depot just looking and they had several spray paints that look like it would be a close color.
I found what I thought would be a close bronze match but it's not close enough. I got some primer and some flat black enamel. I think it will look better. How's the wind noise with yours? 30-50mph is pretty crappy for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roof Rack Bars, Options?

I tried reusing a set of Thule AeroBlades from my wife Cherokee but they whistle horribly starting around 38 MPH.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I want to travel with my skis on top but I don’t want my roof rack Bars and ski carrier whistling horribly. I stopped at a local place that specializes in roof racks and they have no idea why it whistles...they said the Thule AeroBlades are extremely quiet. Maybe just the aero dynamics of the renegade don’t well with this bar???

The whistling is so bad that the fan and even the radio at normal levels doesn’t over power the whistling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thule Snowcat doesn't seem to fit Factory Rails on 2017 Jeep DesertHawk

Hi there, I noticed you successfully mounted the Thule SnowCat onto your 2015 Jeep Trail Hawk. Weird question, how did you do that? Was the rack flush against the rails? Did you need longer screws? and after removal were there any signs of scuffs? Did the rack have to click into place? I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade Desert Hawk and for the life of me I cannot get the rack to be flush against the top park rail and it seems both the Thule and Jeep site say this item should fit. So far, the problems I have include 1. The factory rails seem a bit too thick both high and width, 2. The Thule screw seems a bit too short and 3. The rack isn’t flush against the factory rails. I’d appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Snowcat wont fit my Jeep Renegade

Hi there, I noticed you successfully mounted the ThuleSnowCat onto your 2015 Jeep Trail Hawk. Weird question, how did you do that? Wasthe rack flush against the rails? Did you need longer screws? and after removalwere there any signs of scuffs? Did therack have to “click into place” or need any type of force? I have a 2017 JeepRenegade Desert Hawk and for the life of me I cannot get the rack to be flushagainst the top part of the factory rail and it seems both the Thule and Jeepsite confirm that this item should fit. So far, the problems I have include 1. Thefactory rails seem a bit too thick in both height and width, 2. The Thule screwseems a bit too short and 3. The rack is not flush against the factory rails. Iwould great appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread? Two new Yakima bars were about $70 and found a "New" old version of Yakima's rail-grab components on E-bay. I don't remember our total price, but it was in the $150 range? I've been using Yakima racks for years with good luck. Take them off or put them on in 5 minutes. Easy!

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just for info: I use the Yakima Rail-Grab with 61" cross bars (cut back from the 66" bars) to carry my 36" beam canoe and a kayak side-by-side, or two kayaks side-by-side. I transferred the set up from my Explorer. The bars do extend beyond the roof line, but, since I'm 4' 18" tall, I haven't knocked my head on them. I carry my "navy" horizontally (rather than tipping the kayaks on edge) because it is easier for me to get them up on the cross bars and mounts that way. By going with the longer bars to start with, I was able to customize the width for the "best fit" for my use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to share my kayak mounting adventure as I've seen a lot of questions about this and report that for less than $140 I've now got 2 kayak J clamps mounted to our 2017 Renegade Limited (with mysky electric sunroof). I was worried that the cross bars may not give the J clamp bolts enough clearance for the mysky sunroof, and if I'd bought the type that go straight across, I think that might have been a problem, but the ones I found raise the cross-bars more than enough and there's about an inch of clearance at the closest point during opening and closing.

Seems I'm not allowed to post links or photos, but the cross bars are by Brightlines and the Amazon product code in the US is B07BL264KL. I think any J-clamp would be fine as that's unlikely to be the constraint.

Roger

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.