Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Renegade appeals to me with its looks and capabilities. But the reliability and usefulness make for head-scratching. I'm now thinking Subaru Forester, but I have plenty of time. Anyone scratch Renegade off your list? If so, what did you buy or lease?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Renegade appeals to me with its looks and capabilities. But the reliability and usefulness make for head-scratching. I'm now thinking Subaru Forester, but I have plenty of time. Anyone scratch Renegade off your list? If so, what did you buy or lease?
We ended up with a Renegade from a trade-in assist on a bad Dodge Dart. If we had a choice, we would have probably gone with the Mazda CX-5 above all.

·
Registered
378 Posts
We ended up with a Renegade from a trade-in assist on a bad Dodge Dart. If we had a choice, we would have probably gone with the Mazda CX-5 above all.
We looked at the Mazda CX-5 as well but it was underpowered and did not seem as rugged. If Mazda put a more powerful engine in that vehicle and beefed up some of the parts it would tough to choose.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We looked at the Mazda CX-5 as well but it was underpowered and did not seem as rugged. If Mazda put a more powerful engine in that vehicle and beefed up some of the parts it would tough to choose.
Did you drive the 2.0 or the 2.5L? I thought the 2.5L had some umph to it, but the 2.0L was severely lacking power.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am totally happy with my Renegade. I really like the looks and don't like the looks of any of the other competitor vehicles. Sure, some have had problems, but others (like me) have had no problems.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Stayed with the Renegade. It is one the very few SUVs you can get with a manual transmission and that is a real "SUV" and not just a car that has been lifted (like so many other "SUV/crossovers" are).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stayed with the Renegade. It is one the very few SUVs you can get with a manual transmission and that is a real "SUV" and not just a car that has been lifted (like so many other "SUV/crossovers" are).
Yep same here - just try to find an affordable manual transmission 4X4 that gets decent gas mileage - the only one on the list for me is the Renegade. There are some Subarus but I find them too sedate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was originally considering one, but Jeep and Fiat continue to rank in the bottom of quality. If I am going to drop $30k, it needs to last with no issues for 200k miles like my Toy...went with the Subaru XV instead.. May not look as nice, but need no repairs for about 6 yrs...no confidence in Fiat Jeep...I even get the employee discount!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My girlfriend has a CX-5 with the 2.0L agree with what everyone else has said, decent car but very underpowered. My Renegade is so much more fun to drive. I was looking at a XV Crosstrek or Outback but in the end liked the Renegade better. I have been very happy and don't regret my decision at all. One of the main reasons I went with the Renegade is becuase I could get it with a manual transmission and MySky.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My job is driving concept and prototype vehicles for Subaru.. and before Subaru I drove for Mercedes Benz. I've been driving the future models of Subaru XV, Outback, and Forrester for a while now. To tell you the truth, I enjoy driving my Renegade more. Yeah, it doesn't have the balls the Subarus' do but it's so comfortable to drive! Love my Renegade.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Stuck with Jeep (traded in a Cherokee) and bought a Renegade. However I remain nervous about the long term quality and only time will tell. The cherokee felt like tried and tested running gear in a forged from Iron body, heavy, thirsty, old fashioned but evolved and perfected for purpose over its lifetime. The Renegade is new in all terms and still has to earn that respect. As an alternative I was seriously considering the Ssangyong Tivoli 4x4 based on the value, reviews I have read and a very favourable test drive but ultimately I felt that the Renegade sat way above any competitor when it came to capability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.