Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Will you order a custom Renegade

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Email from Chrysler customer service today 4/7/2015:
"Previously, dealerships were only able to obtain the 2015 Jeep Renegade through preference submission for Renegades with preferred models,
features and options, the third week of each month. Customers will then
choose from dealer stock or find out from their dealer what Renegades
are on their way in terms of models, trim, options, etc. This would not
be a traditional customer factory order as we know it.

Just recently dealers are being notified of the upcoming "Easy Order"
system that gives the dealership the ability to submit "Sold Orders"
for customers when factory ordering opens. A sold order is an order that
is placed through the factory order system, specifically in a customer?s
name, configured to the customer?s preferences within the limitations of
available features and options in the factory order system.

Please be advised that the lead time for a factory sold order for a
customer can be as much as 16 weeks because the 2015 Jeep Renegade
originates from Italy."

What is your plans on purchasing a Renegade the way you want it?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
IMO, waiting is the best thing someone can do if they can. Aside from this, the number of issues usually present in new vehicles is a good reason for holding off on the first model year Renegade. I hate having to deal with all the back and forth involved with initial issues.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Should have a choice of "longer than a year" LOL! Coming from Fiat, it seems it takes more than a couple of model years for them to get the bugs worked out.
I just look out for what issues come up and how often, if things seem good enough to me as time goes on then I get serious about getting one more step closer to signing off.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Is this a trick question?

April + 6 months = October. October = when the next model year cars normally get released. SO....

I'm taking it as FCA doesn't want the REnegade to look like a flop if it hasn't earned it, and is effectively saying that MY '15 vehicles are going to be produced this way to maximize volume with maybe some tail end factory runs being technically labeled MY15 built to order.

That's my take anyway.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Is this a trick question?

April + 6 months = October. October = when the next model year cars normally get released. SO....

I'm taking it as FCA doesn't want the REnegade to look like a flop if it hasn't earned it, and is effectively saying that MY '15 vehicles are going to be produced this way to maximize volume with maybe some tail end factory runs being technically labeled MY15 built to order.

That's my take anyway.
I'm thinking the Renegade is being moderately well received in a number of countries and maybe they are having a hard time keeping up with demand.

Maybe they read this forum, maybe not, but perhaps there are hearing from dealers the demand for custom orders, or, perhaps this is a cover for the current shortages. If you are having a hard time meeting demand, what do you do, try to eliminate or minimize the number of time consuming options. MySky, certainly adds complexity and time to the production line. Same thing for the missing trailer hitch and Trailhawks, more options takes more time.

Options, look at what is coming into the States, low to moderately equipped models, this may be to stimulate sales by keeping the price point lower to get them on the road to drive further demand. Or, it may be to speed up the production line to get more units out the door, windshield adhesive, we don't need no stinking windshield adhesive 360 degrees around the perimeter (my guess of the reported windshield noise issue).

Buy offering "Custom Orders" they appease some for the lack of options. But their swift marketing geniuses figure who will order a 2015 MY to have it delivered during the 2016 MY?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well, they're losing a customer if I can't get the trailhawk in the color I want and I'm not sure I'm willing to wait 4 to 6 months to get one, as I need a car soon. The whole model year thing adds another dimension to it as well. I feel like they're missing the boat not making enough trailhawks as that would seem to be where the demand would be? It's the most true to jeep as a brand...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I chose the later, fingers crossed my XJ holds out for a while >:D Maybe 2017? Or when a BA diesel torque monster, comes around....

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm thinking the Renegade is being moderately well received in a number of countries and maybe they are having a hard time keeping up with demand.

Maybe they read this forum, maybe not, but perhaps there are hearing from dealers the demand for custom orders, or, perhaps this is a cover for the current shortages. If you are having a hard time meeting demand, what do you do, try to eliminate or minimize the number of time consuming options. MySky, certainly adds complexity and time to the production line. Same thing for the missing trailer hitch and Trailhawks, more options takes more time.

Options, look at what is coming into the States, low to moderately equipped models, this may be to stimulate sales by keeping the price point lower to get them on the road to drive further demand. Or, it may be to speed up the production line to get more units out the door, windshield adhesive, we don't need no stinking windshield adhesive 360 degrees around the perimeter (my guess of the reported windshield noise issue).

Buy offering "Custom Orders" they appease some for the lack of options. But their swift marketing geniuses figure who will order a 2015 MY to have it delivered during the 2016 MY?
You can bet manufacturers read forums like this. They made themselves publicly know on the 500 sites and got bombarded. When I had my Cooper S, there was a design issue with the clutch and it would make noise. There were several that had this issue and MINI refused to do anything about it. I was leading the charge on a MINI forum and we were going to go to the press about it. It was shortly after that threat, that a post appeared saying that a MINI repressive would be contacting me. I thought, " Yeah right, they don't even know who this is never mind my number". Sure enough, that night I got a call from the west coast representative! Kind of freaked me out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I will wait and buy in 2016. This is mostly due my getting approved for a new construction housing loan and the house won't be ready until 2016, so no spending for me until then :D. The other benefit is that hopefully most of the bugs will be worked out by then. If I find a leftover 2015 on a lot that I like at a steep discount that's just a bonus!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was soooooo ready to buy one for the winter, but then they took forever to come out. Now I'm thinking about leasing one:

1. I have no patience, I want one and want one now!
  2. Worried about all the potential new car issues that have to take care of, and knowing I have a built in "out" in 3 years would make it easier.
  3. Most importantly, the fact that some 2016s are starting to roll out and I'd be buying a 2015 model at full sticker price (or pretty close). Have a feeling in 3 years (I typically get a new car every 3 years or 30k miles when the warranty is nearing it's end) the trade in value is going to be horrible because Jeep's aren't known for retaining their value in the first place, and this will probably be valued at year older than it really is.
Really wish #1 wasn't as big as a reason as it is :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was soooooo ready to buy one for the winter, but then they took forever to come out. Now I'm thinking about leasing one:

1. I have no patience, I want one and want one now!
  2. Worried about all the potential new car issues that have to take care of, and knowing I have a built in "out" in 3 years would make it easier.
  3. Most importantly, the fact that some 2016s are starting to roll out and I'd be buying a 2015 model at full sticker price (or pretty close). Have a feeling in 3 years (I typically get a new car every 3 years or 30k miles when the warranty is nearing it's end) the trade in value is going to be horrible because Jeep's aren't known for retaining their value in the first place, and this will probably be valued at year older than it really is.
Really wish #1 wasn't as big as a reason as it is :)
On the contrary, Jeeps hold their value tremendously, especially in the northeast from what I've experienced. If it was a chevy on the other hand, I would understand your concern. Otherwise, it's a Jeep product and they've been holding their value pretty strongly in the market place.

Reactions: Davlex
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.