Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2018 Jeep Renegade
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finished smoking out my tail lights. Pulled out my lights and used painters tape to cover the areas I wasn鈥檛 painting. Originally I was going to smoke out the whole tail light but I decided to also tape up the renegade X in the middle of the tail light and I鈥檓 glad I did because it turned out great! I was incredibly impressed with the results. Next project is a vinyl matte black hood wrap, if I do a good job on that I鈥檓 going to consider wrapping the whole Jeep!

1. 2396348613

Registered
2015 1.6 diesel Longitude
Did you also do the 3rd high brake light on the roof and the reverse/fog light? Looks great but if so, in the uk that would be a ticket. The USA must be more lenient. If you haven鈥檛 smoked them fair enough, but they all look smoked in your pics. Jeep looks stealth now.

Super Moderator
How do they look with your running lights on & brake lights on?

Registered
2018 Jeep Renegade
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you also do the 3rd high brake light on the roof and the reverse/fog light? Looks great but if so, in the uk that would be a ticket. The USA must be more lenient. If you haven鈥檛 smoked them fair enough, but they all look smoked in your pics. Jeep looks stealth now.
I did that light as well, the lights still shine through on everything!

Premium Member
Indeed that looks good. Amazing what can be achieved when we put our minds to it.

I am sure others will try out this modification and that is the beauty of this forum. Thank you (y)(y)(y)

Registered
2015 1.6 diesel Longitude
Specifically for tail lights - a whole can will spray many lights. Start off with one slight coat and allow to dry. Repeat until desired effect is achieved. It鈥檚 easy to go mad and over do it, leading to runs in the paint.

Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade Altitude 4x4
Specifically for tail lights - a whole can will spray many lights. Start off with one slight coat and allow to dry. Repeat until desired effect is achieved. It鈥檚 easy to go mad and over do it, leading to runs in the paint.
Ah okay. I was thinking maybe he used that spray paint you can peal off later if you want...I forget the name, but I've used it before, although not on taillights.

Registered
2018 Jeep Renegade
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did I miss where you said what you used to smoke out the lights?
There are 2 ways to do it, they have a vinyl tint you can put on the light or they have a spray tint which is a spray paint. I used the tint spray and also covered it with a clear coat. You can find it at Walmart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts