Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
We need a geek to hack the 5.0 Uconnect Operating system. I would love to turn off the safety screen, custom texts, custom wall paper, and possible video playback via MP4. I know the units hardware is completely capable of all of this, just need it hacked.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You should be able to command the uconnect through the button on the steering wheel "voice command" I believe it is to "send text to" or...similar. In the 6.5 you can say, "Reply to"...or "Send text to" or "call ___________" I'd think if you have phone integration you'd have that option. There should be a flip book new with your car giving all the details of how to do it....but, maybe your "5" it's not built in, I don't know.

As far as hacking, be careful what you wish for. Given the Uconnect controls some of the car's braking, lighting, communications, 9-1-1, etc....not a good idea. Plus, there IS the issue that we all need to live-with....We may own our cars, but we're only licensed to USE the software, not disassemble and change it. An intellectual rights attorney with a large firm is a buddy of mine, has worked for Chrysler, wrote the disclaimers for some of the splash screens and assures me we DON"T own the software. Since we don't "own" that software, and once someone hacks, your dealer's OUT of the loop of helping you with problems down the road. I would have led the charge for this a few months back, but...my dealer's fixed most of my issues, Chrsyler Jeep has been helpful directly with me....and the minor things mentioned really are not a huge deal. Just my 2 cents worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.