Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front Passenger side CV Axle Boot is busted open, not too terrible but slinging grease. First real issue I've had with this thing. Lets see what dealer says about fixing it. My guess is "No"...prob quoting aftermarket lift kit and possible off-roading damage. But we will see... If not, no biggie, not the first CV i've changed and wont be the last.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do you think it happened? Additional stress on the boot due to the lift kit, off-roading, combination of both?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Def not the lift kit, 1.5" isnt enough to throw everything off. Also, the other 3 CV boots are fine. It is the front passenger side and the Daystar 1.5" lift kits seems to do about 2" in the back and only 1.25" in the front. I am guessing during some serious off-roading, it's possible it got clipped by a sharp rock...had to have happened recently, because I'm underneath this thing checking it out constantly... We will see what the dealership says, everyone keep your fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.