Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Think that is when VIN gets assigned....and think there is a possible ETA on dealer delivery?

That's about right - there should be an ETA on delivery at D1 status.

I'm gonna guess that unless theres a snag hit in production, this jeep is about 4-8 weeks away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered on 4/15 and left the dealer with a VON that day. Dealers who say the can't are lying. You should leave and look for another dealer who deserves your business. Another issue holding up orders could also be dealer allotment, we ordered from a high volume dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats! Apparently getting TO that D1 code is quite the battle. I ordered on 4/2. 4/10 it was accepted for build (I don't know actual code as I didn't get VIN or VON for what ever reason, a complaint for another day). Thinking in a week it'd be complete I was growing pretty excited. 5/4, I asked my Sales Rep (who I've had a great rapport with) for the current code... still in that same "accepted for build" code. :[ He later claimed, all allegedly by his manager, that "Renegades have been so popular so far, that their delivery times have been bumped up by 2-3 months from now." Regardless if that's true or not, it was pretty demoralizing. Fortunately, he did a search on incoming Renegades. Months ago, they ordered one that was one full-size temporary spare tire away from being a carbon copy of the one I ordered. THAT one is now "mine" and has a JB - Shipped to body vendor code; which apparently means 2-3 weeks out. I'll take it!

·
Registered
499 Posts
THAT one is now "mine" and has a JB - Shipped to body vendor code; which apparently means 2-3 weeks out. I'll take it!
Just keep in mind that these things are coming over by boat, and that can introduce additional wait times beyond what you'd normally see for a Chrysler build. But JB is definitely far enough along in the process that you're relatively close now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just keep in mind that these things are coming over by boat, and that can introduce additional wait times beyond what you'd normally see for a Chrysler build. But JB is definitely far enough along in the process that you're relatively close now!
Yeah, I'm aware :[ I'm just pulling to own it sometime in the month of May, but who knows! I have yet to see any other member's orders and their time frame from JB to delivered - perhaps because there aren't many (*any?) orders completed yet - so I have nothing to base it off of. *twiddles thumbs*

·
Registered
1 Posts
STL Dealer

NickS1991, I'm also in Saint Louis just curious what dealer did you use? Thinking about going with Glendale Jeep myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NickS1991, I'm also in Saint Louis just curious what dealer did you use? Thinking about going with Glendale Jeep myself.
Hello! Small world! I'm actually in Jefferson County but STL county is like 15 minutes away, so I've been with South County Dodge. Have heard great things from both Royal Gates but I test drove at South County due to pure proximity, and I've enjoyed my sales consultant so I've been doing everything there. Haven't been to Glendale yet!

Today I was hit with the bad news that that new one that was JB and on its way (come to find out is in Maryland) was the wrong color. So my original order is still 2-3 months out at the least. The new one "for me" was wrong color. I told my guy that I'll probably just start from scratch and look on lots only. Not dealing with any more orders. I came home and got straight online but none of the sites really have what I want. Square 1!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm in D1 status now as well, but Customer Care is not able to provide a VIN or an ETA and suggest I check back towards the end of May. Usually, in the Chrysler world of ordering, D1 comes with VIN and ETA, but I guess the Renegade is a unique beast.

The wait continues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.