Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got home today and noticed this was hanging :/ right in front of drivers side rear suspension. Is this something critical or just protective??? Tried wiggling it around and seems to be hanging off one end very loosely. Any ideas???

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So looks like something pulled it off :/ piece came off completely as I slowly rolled into the garage... Not going to lie I'm disappointed. This is a jeep... Front wheel drive or otherwise I expected better... @jeepcares any help with this????

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It will be replaced through the warranty. Take it in as soon as you can.

The heat shielding is more important on a hot day in stop and go traffic. While the car is moving it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It will be replaced through the warranty. Take it in as soon as you can.

The heat shielding is more important on a hot day in stop and go traffic. While the car is moving it shouldn't be a problem.
+1

It's just a heat shield. The Jeep will be warmer without it, but it won't affect reliability.
Just get it replaced.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Thanks everyone. Went to the dealer today and was informed that parts ordering for the Renegade isn't even open yet so it will be a while before they can even order the part. FIGURES!!! :|
There are other dealers getting warranty parts. So either those dealers are magic, or yours is lying.

Pain in the butt to get, yes. But can't place the order?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are other dealers getting warranty parts. So either those dealers are magic, or yours is lying.

Pain in the butt to get, yes. But can't place the order?
That's what I suspected. I really wasn't impressed with that dealer from the start which is why I bought mine 200+ miles away. It's just the most convenient location wise. I'm calling other dealers in the area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.