Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wondered if any of you have had aerial faults. I see that there is a lot of posts here about the faulty aerial base and even my dealership have admitted it's a common fault.
The thing is I have a 2016 limited and yesterday the Dab reception is non existent again. This will be aerial number 3. 2 have been replaced under warranty but now the warranty finished in Aug 2019.
I was also wondering if anyone has had any luck with FCA on this matter before I go to war with FCA over the not fit for purpose aerial.. I will keep you posted with how i get on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Had the same problem on my 16 longitude.now have the 19 limited and it is much improved. Saying that the DAB stopped altogether today and an hour later the radio froze completely. disconnected the battery for 5 mins and it reset itself.(for now)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Having recently travelled the length of the UK and back a few weeks ago I found DAB reception to be relatively normal.

Travel around the coast and between hills gives a different experience wherupon reception is sporadic and often the radio is retuned to FM.

Hope that helps as I do not think you have a fault. :unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all just wondered if any of you have had aerial faults. I see that there is a lot of posts here about the faulty aerial base and even my dealership have admitted it's a common fault.
The thing is I have a 2016 limited and yesterday the Dab reception is non existent again. This will be aerial number 3. 2 have been replaced under warranty but now the warranty finished in Aug 2019.
I was also wondering if anyone has had any luck with FCA on this matter before I go to war with FCA over the not fit for purpose aerial.. I will keep you posted with how i get on.
Hi how did you get on with this? I am in a similar situation. The warrantee ran out in dec

·
Registered
4 Posts
same problem here, my warranty ends last September, any luck to get the antenna base fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, sorry for the delay. With all that's been going on. As it was going to take longer to get anything from FCA when the car was in bits I payed for the work and aerial myself but got the ball rolling with FCA, it took a couple of weeks and the Dealer were fantastic with help and as this the 3rd base under the good will gesture FCA have given me a refund but this goes to the dealer then to me. They told me that I pay a small fee to the dealer then I would keep the 2 year warranty that you get when you pay full price for an aerial normally. If I take the full refund then you loss the 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the update, any one knows how to order the aerial base unit yourself? And i assume to replace it should be relative simple,any one can provide some replace instruction or pictures, i guess need to pull the back roof off (but i don't know how). At the current situation i don't really want to drive to my nearest dealer to get this fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts