Premium Member
916 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
If you go to the Mopar site and look under
Electrical, then
Wiper and Washer System
Then click on the Rear-Arm and Blade, Rear Wiper image.

It looks like Part # 68256590AA (item 6 in the image) and it states Arm and Blade Rear Wiper.
But it doesn't indicate if that bottom part of the blade (the doohickey as you call it) is a separate part number or part of the whole blade.

Either way, take it to the dealership/service dept as mentioned by fellow member yuwan63755 and they should be able to replace it.

TS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the part is called a "nut cap"! I went to the dealership after work today and they basically told me I have to buy a new rear windshield wiper arm at $44. The nut cap is not sold separately. The warranty does not cover this either.

I looked online to see if Jeep sells a nut cap for another vehicle separately. I didn't have any luck finding it.

I'm a little bummed. I realize this is just a small aesthetic problem but it's annoying me to no end!

·
Registered
610 Posts
So the part is called a "nut cap"! I went to the dealership after work today and they basically told me I have to buy a new rear windshield wiper arm at $44. The nut cap is not sold separately. The warranty does not cover this either.

I looked online to see if Jeep sells a nut cap for another vehicle separately. I didn't have any luck finding it.

I'm a little bummed. I realize this is just a small aesthetic problem but it's annoying me to no end!
On the bright side, you are not having transmission or any of the other problems other owners have been afflicted with.

And, you get to have a spare rear wiper arm for safe keeping. Just transfer the nut cap to the wiper already on the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I understand it's not that big of a deal compared to other peoples problems. But as somebody else pointed out it is a brand-new freaking car! Stuff should not be falling off it!

The service guy said that they would actually need to send the old part back to jeep? But since the part is missing it is not a warranty issue. I didn't really get the logic in that.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Yeah I understand it's not that big of a deal compared to other peoples problems. But as somebody else pointed out it is a brand-new freaking car! Stuff should not be falling off it!

The service guy said that they would actually need to send the old part back to jeep? But since the part is missing it is not a warranty issue. I didn't really get the logic in that.
While it may not be as serious as other things being reported in the forum, if it was my vehicle, anything out of the ordinary, falling apart, or breaking and I'll be like this.

Now seriously, sometimes things are just not logical. It simply should not fall off for no reason. Something tells me that the part is covered but they are classifying it with whole wiper arm.

TS

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Did it fall off because of unusual treatment? Not fca's problem. Did it fall off because it was cracked or not installed right? Fca's problem. Unfortunately since the bit in question is missing, it's a he said she said thing, and the dealer is voting for operator error or unfortunate event.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Clearly, if he wanted to send it back to Jeep, he thought is was a product defect. The main reason parts are returned to the factory are for failure analysis and product improvements.

Challenge him on his refusal or find another dealer.

Reactions: twospirits

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is the ruggedness skin deep?

I would have expected a Jeep not to shed parts in a car wash. To me, this should be a warranty issue, otherwise I would chalk it up as a "quality/ownership issue with the vehicle" as I don't expect to shell out $50 for parts blown off in a car wash. Others might disagree and expect this with a new vehicle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have no idea how it came off. I'm only guessing it happened in the car wash. But somebody could've messed with my car since I park on the street. Who knows. I only wish they sold this part separately. I wouldn't mind shelling out seven bucks for it.

Yes TS that is exactly how I felt!

·
Registered
79 Posts
They fall off Subaru's also. I noticed on the wife's XV Crosstrek (Renegade replaced it) was missing the "nut cap" on the rear wiper after about 2 weeks of ownership. The dealer was reluctant to replace it, but they did.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.