Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Several have posted about this. It's no big deal for me. I just close down the outboard vents a little to even out the flow.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
You mean the nostrils above the radio? Yeah, that is normal. Not necessarily good, but normal. Tucking everything up off the floor, they have some packaging issues, and combined with fitting a touch screen, that's one of the net side effects. Not much space to route air up there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
when the heat/air is set to automatic mode there is very little coming from the vents. You have to select the button that puts air out of the vents..this should kick it off "auto" and you can manually force the fan to be faster.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have noticed the same thing...I checked this by closing the side vents, routing the air to the top vents and max fan speed, very little air flow from the "ski goggle" vents. Is this by design or possibly a stuck or restricted deflector in the system?
Does anyone experience equal airflow from all the vents?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yupp normal. When selecting just the vents for air it seems like a 60/40 split between the vents where 60% of the airflow is coming from the side and 40% from the front.

Honestly not a big deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm not sure if I have a particular fault. The 'blow rate' from the central dashboard heater / cooler vents are next to non-existent compared to the side vents. Any views?
On any car I have owned the center vents are capable of blowing the most air compared to the other vents. I have had a flap motor fail which caused a flap to be stuck, limiting air flow severely.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
What other than vents can you select? Do you vents/outlets other than the two side and two center vents, such as fixed windshield outlets? I also presume there are foot well outlets.
As I remember in my Latitude they are - dash only, dash/feet, feet only, windshield/feet and windshield only. I don't think I missed any. The vent control knobs are different depending on the level/options of your Renegade but I think the vent selections are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
580 Posts
As I remember in my Latitude they are - dash only, dash/feet, feet only, windshield/feet and windshield only. I don't think I missed any. The vent control knobs are different depending on the level/options of your Renegade but I think the vent selections are pretty much the same.
These are the vent locations (plus maybe rear vents) I would expect in a passenger car. As far as the dash vents go, I think they all, center and side vents, should blow about equally, unless set to defog/demist. In the latter scenario I would expect the side vents and the windshield vents to blow the most, and the center vents less. It may be worth asking someone at FCA technical support.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went back to the dealer and sat in another new Renegade with a service tech just to compare vent operation to mine. They operate the same. The design is not as good as any of my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I usually set mine to "auto" and it works great. Maybe it is not a design fault. Maybe the center airvents are meant to not force the hot air to blow heavily, because this will come right up your face and will make you uncomfortable.

The idea being to create a warm or cool environment (depending on the temp) without any discomfort for the passengers.

It is a luxury vehicle after all... :D

I have the Limited with two-zone clima.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Lamont. I'm not usually one for the heater to be on but recently chilly mornings I needed to directly vents toward my hands to thaw through. Right was fine but left was still like an ice block!! (Yes......right hand drive car!!)

·
Registered
29 Posts
In this day and age things like this don't happen by accident (read poor engineering) so it is my guess that more air is intentionally directed toward the outside to aid in keeping side windows clear. At least that makes sense to me (not that it matters in my case as I live in Arizona - but I guess the same case can be made for cool air around the edges where heat most often encrouches.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've recently read similar post about this on Fbook, and hadn't tried mine. In a panic the next time I got in my Thawk I tried the out. They seemed be blowing normal (as expected). I did just put top vents on, as you would typically do for AC use. I don't know why some use top vents for heater, as heat rises too the top anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.