Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to replace the 3.5 inch dashboard speakers as others have done, but the wiring adaptor everyone is using in the US (Metra 71-039C) is from Crutchfields who don't ship outside N America. Does anyone know of an equivalent adaptor in the UK???

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
I'm planning to replace the 3.5 inch dashboard speakers as others have done, but the wiring adaptor everyone is using in the US (Metra 71-039C) is from Crutchfields who don't ship outside N America. Does anyone know of an equivalent adaptor in the UK???
Check amazon, they also sell the metra adapters. Metra is not exclusive to crutchfield. If amazon doesn't have them, check with any of the car audio places in the UK, I assume you must have them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check amazon, they also sell the metra adapters. Metra is not exclusive to crutchfield. If amazon doesn't have them, check with any of the car audio places in the UK, I assume you must have them.
Thanks raz, I've looked at amazon and e-bay and can't find the 71-039C's...but I'll look harder. They are the same for the Fiat 500x so they, or an equivalent must be available somewhere in Europe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed mine a few weeks ago. I bought a set of the Polk speakers on Amazon. I had a bunch of gift card money and couldn't pass up free speakers. anyway, when I looked for the adapter, amazon does not have one with that number. there's others like it, but it wasn't clear if the adapters on amazon would fit or not. So I decided to forget the adapters and just wire it in. I used some wire taps to tap into the existing wiring, then connected to the speaker. It took an extra 20 minutes maybe messing around with it. Most of that time was hunting in my garage for the wire taps, and some extra speaker wire.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
You could always ask someone in the USA to purchase the said item and have them ship it you that way. How the trade is conducted would be between yourself and the third party

Postage from the good ol' USA is not cheap. I found that out. The US postal service almost doubled the prices of international shipping. Bit like our GB postal service did for international shipping.

Just a thought .............

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could always ask someone in the USA to purchase the said item and have them ship it you that way. How the trade is conducted would be between yourself and the third party

Postage from the good ol' USA is not cheap. I found that out. The US postal service almost doubled the prices of international shipping. Bit like our GB postal service did for international shipping.

Just a thought .............
Thanks Kev, after I posted I found that one of my ex work colleagues was travelling to the US last week, so he has asked another ex colleague in the US to buy the adaptors and will bring them back to the UK....that's the plan anyway, hopefully they won't forget. I managed to get the front door metra adaptors that Gatorade used on e-bay from the US...it seems to be more easily available. I've also taken a gamble ordered a pair of Kicker 41 KSC354's from the US for the dash..hopefully arriving in a couple of days. They cost $36 (cheap) but postage was $20. Will complete the dash before ordering the front door speakers. I messed up this afternoon filling in the Jeep UK purchase satisfaction questionaire...I said 10/10 for being happy with the vehicle...in a lapse of concentration forgetting about the beats audio...I'll have to ring Jeep tomorrow to complain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.