Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I currently have the 1.6 Diesel on order in Granite Crystal on order. I was was wondering if anyone else on here had a Justice spec model on order and if they have received any delivery information yet?

Ryan

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Dawn of Justice on order, 1.6 Petrol - Black. Officially bought it on 20th March, in reality I think it was a couple of days after when the dealer actually put the order in as he said he was looking for one in the UK.
I first was told I should be able to collect at the end of April.
I then asked in earlier April (6th) how it was going - reply was 'Nothing yet but it is on order'.
Then asked on the 22nd April what the ETA was - reply was 'No chassis yet but due to be built week 17 (next week) according to my system, I will update you once I have a chassis for you'.
Chased again on 5th May - reply was 'The build week went back to 18 ( this week). We are chasing these daily, as the factory is flat out at present. Sorry it’s not better news'.
Chased again on 11th May - reply was 'It hasn’t been confirmed yet no. This is the week it is scheduled to be built, but we don’t get confirmation that it has updated (been Built) until Tuesday next. PS we are constantly chasing the factory as they know we have outstanding orders'
Then had a reply on 19th May saying 'Just had an update from the factory and I am sorry to say the build on your car has been put back again to week 21 (next week). It is no excuse but other than to say the Dawn of Justice editions have been extremely popular and this has affected build slots'.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Frustrating isnt it :( I am thinking that I am looking at an August Delivery.
Gawd - thats ages yet!

I have seen mention that on Jeep Garage you can get build status info, it seems if you know the VON you can look it up. No idea if that works for European ordered Renegades, or if there is a cost associated with being able to do that. It might take away some of the pain of speaking to a dealer.
This has some info on how to find it on the site. http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/2016-waiting-room-91500-97.html

Worth doing do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sounds like you have had a similar story to me Otterman. Ordered in April and lead times have been pushed further and further back. Build week should now be week commencing 30th May but I will believe it once it has actually happened!

Very very frustrating!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got an email from the dealer today, things are looking up:-
'Finally I have some news!!
Your car has been built and is x-factory. It still takes some time to arrive with us, BUT it IS on its way!!!!
I am on annual leave now until the 10th June when on my return I should have more info for you as to collection'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking forward to an update! Placed my order for a black dawn of justice 1.6 around May 2nd. Was told 4 weeks by the dealer, although I am now aware that is not the case. I have called twice to get an update and apparently they were busy and would call me back. Still waiting nearly a week later! Does not fill me with confidence....

I am more than willing to wait, it's just a shame all my info is from this forum and the dealer does not seem concerned in keeping me updated.

Still super excited would be great to have the car before summer disappears

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ohh had a call yesterday from the dealer, incredibly, mine has now just entered "build". No ideas how long to go, but at least its being cobbled together now:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good new for me, I had another update on Tuesday to say that my new car has landed in the UK and will be at the garage in the next 2 weeks.
I just really hope there are no issues with the car, joining a forum such as this, is often to talk about issues.
The other thing I don't know is whether the garage should be offering some sort of compensation, I don't really mean money wise, but maybe some additional break down cover....this is what i'm not sure on, what to ask for.

I think by the time it actually arrives I have the right to cancel, but I would be mad to do that. The garage will easily be able to pass it on to someone else.
All my work colleague think I'm crazy to have wanted sooo long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also order mine on may the 2nd. 6 weeks Monday. I was told 6-8 weeks. The last correspondence I had the dealer was that the car was being currently built in Turin. Not very specific so I don't know what to take from it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was told 6-8 weeks. The last correspondence I had the dealer was that the car was being currently built in Turin. Not very specific so I don't know what to take from it.

Sounds a little optimistic for a delivery. I ordered near identical time but was told to expect about 3 mths, but possibly could sooner, so August timeframe is my target.
From what I have read mainly from US people on here, there is the build scheduling - ie order placed by dealer onto Jeep system, then awaits to go into build which seems to be about a month to six weeks. Then its in build for a week or two, then it pops out the end of the production line and sits about waiting for the next ship from Italy outbound, which stops at the UK. Offload at the port, then it has to travel from port to dealer. Then its PDI and such like by dealer...
Most of the people have had a 3mth wait, since ordering on plant.
Mate of mine got his in about a week, but he took what was in stock in UK already. He didnt get everything he wanted of course. They had to shove an aftermarket tow bar onto his trailhawk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Getting there . . .

Sounds like everyone with a Justice edition is making progress at least. Had an email from dealer saying should a delivery date on 17th so will update everyone once I hear from them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just got off the phone to my dealer ( after waiting nearly 2 weeks for a call-back , I called them back tired of waiting) they have finally said delivery will either be last week July or first week in August. A 3 month wait is not so bad. Being told the car would be 4 weeks, and continuing to insist when I called is what has annoyed me a tad. I even mentioned the delays people are having and again they insisted of no such delays. How can the dealers be so out of touch with what is going on.. it does not give me much confidence in them. Shame really. Going to be another sloooow 8weeks.

Ordered DoJ Approx. may 2nd..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ouch. Ordered mine the same date. I haven't chased the dealer exactly for that reason. Dreading the worst news. I'll just set my sights on early August and anything before that is a positive. August coincides with me coming back from a holiday so something to look forward to when I return.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.