• No :(

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am looking to buy my first new car and nearly ready to talk price with a dealer on an Anvil Renegade Trailhawk. So, just to get me over the hump of "should I or shouldn't I", I figured I'd post this poll!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
welcome to the forum. We don't know your circumstances or needs so it would be very hard to make a recommendation.
I don't see a poll.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The poll may have been added after you checked out this thread. Honestly I have never used a forum before. And as far as my circumstances, I am ready to buy the Jeep, I just want to see a big group of people say YES DO IT, because I am really indecisive haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure thing. I currently drive 15 miles to work during the week, and every weekend I go on some sort of adventure. Usually about 60-120 miles away. I am a snowboarder, so I am excited for taking a crew in the Renegade with equipment on the roof comfortably and safely in harsh winters. I am 6'2" and it will be nice to drive a car I can actually fit in (coming from a 1998 Honda Civic Coupe). Currently I do not do any offroading (kinda hard in a civic), but I have gone before with a friend and loved it! I do not plan on doing anything extreme for at least a couple of years with the Renegade, but once its got some scratches and wear, might as well go all out!

One thing that I thought about a lot was whether to get the TH or a Limited. The Limited at my dealer had some comfort bells and whistles, which put it at about the same price as the base TH. It was tough to see past those extra features, but in the end I decided I really loved the appearance of the TH, both inside and out. The Limited was nice, but isn't the look I like.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If you like the car and can afford it, why not buy it? Go for it.

I like the size; not too small, and certainly not big and bloated like a lot of the SUVs out there. Its looks are just right too. The Renegade was just the right car for me for an SUV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had mine for exactly three weeks now and I love it. I have already put my first 1000 miles on it and not a single issue. I just ordered the all weather mats from Renegadeready.com as well and it looks great. I highly recommend this little Jeep. It is a great cruiser and does pretty well off road from some of my tests. I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
While it's certainly your decision and your decision alone, my first question to you is what do you have in mind as far as off-roading? You don't say where you're at, but do mention snow and I would assume mountains, etc. While I would consider the TH to hold it's on for light to medium off-roading adventures, if you're a serious adventurer into serious wilderness, snow, rocks, etc, then I would lean more toward the Wrangler, mostly due to it's almost endless possibilities for upgrading and it's time tested performance.
If you're just looking for a good 4x4 for highway driving in the snow, with some fireroads mixed in, then I would go for the TH.
As for the dressing, again that's up to you. Personally I'm not a fan of chrome-plushy vehicles. Actually, the less chrome the better.
I bought both my Jeeps with the concept of camping, etc, although my GC does have features that I wish the TH did have, not many are comfort related.

·
Super Moderator
3,641 Posts
My question is if you have the time, budget, dealership convenience, etc. to deal with some teething problems. Even at this point, most dealer service departments are largely winging it on supporting the renegade. A year from now that probably won't be the case, but right now it is. Even the jeep mothership isn't fully up to speed supporting those techs smoothly and cleanly.

Statistically in almost every make and model you will have to deal with that at least once. That once for the renegade is likely to be longer than with other brands due to that.

That aside, it sounds like the renegade wold be a good fit for your lifestyle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.