Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time post here so just wanna help out anyone I can looking to get this done.

So I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude edition (basically a latitude just in all black)

I was nervous about parallel parking and leaving it in a major city I frequent a lot, so I looked into getting a bull bar. Since I do not go off-roading I did not need anything extreme or expensive, so Daystar seemed like the best choice.After scouring all the threads on this topic I compiled a list of what I went through.

I will preface that this took me 2 hours the instructions are complete garbage and mine were completely wrong.

So here are the pictures and what I did

Step 1: Throw out the directions and little 90 degree brackets, they are trash

Step 1.5: Use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the end caps on the front bumper

Step 2: Using a 15mm socket remove the 2 selected bolts from each side

Step 3: Using the supplied longer bolt, Use a washer and a spacer for the top bolt on the driver side, I had to use a gator grip since it was a 17 inch socket and I did not have a long attachment and the standard OEM bolt on the bottom.

Step 4: You will have to rotate the Bracket to go around the condenser line, but once you do, I used the OEM bolts to secure this bracket on.

Step 5: Measure the distance from the inside corned of the cap to the end of the bracket about 3 inches and use a dremel or soldering iron, cut a grove to just wedge the caps back on to make it look nice and shard. (This took 20 min, I started with the dremel but the soldering iron worked way better! It is a crisp tight fit and looks way better than the small covers Daystar supplied)

Step 6: Push the caps back on should be a bit of a tight fit, I had to wedge mine on

Step 7: Using the 3.8 inch bolts, washers and nuts, bolt the bar onto the bracket (mine did not come with enough so I had to run out and grab some. you should have 4 bolts, 8 washers, and 4 nuts with your package. they are hardened zinc coated hardware)

Step 8: Enjoy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures

Here are the picture I took to help illustrate what I did.

The only thing you can't really see is on the top of the driver's bracket, there is the spacer behind the bracket.

Outside of that, this should hopefully create a pretty straight forward tutorial for anyone interested in buying this bull bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nicely done! I am installing mine shortly. I do go off road a bit down in the pinelands, so I also got and installed the ATP carrier bearing skid plate. Super easy to install. Took me 20 minutes. These should go easy enough (I hope). Thanks again! Nice job

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you ! I used a 6" and 3" with a deep socket to reach! The jeep bolt are 15mm, the supplied bolts are 11/16 and 9/16 for attaching the bar to the bracket.

A swivel joint would have helped (in Miami they are called "Baracho ratchet" (drunk ratchet))

The soldering iron also worked well.
Now its onto a set of lights....

MArc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys, first time post here so just wanna help out anyone I can looking to get this done.

So I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude edition (basically a latitude just in all black)

I was nervous about parallel parking and leaving it in a major city I frequent a lot, so I looked into getting a bull bar. Since I do not go off-roading I did not need anything extreme or expensive, so Daystar seemed like the best choice.After scouring all the threads on this topic I compiled a list of what I went through.

I will preface that this took me 2 hours the instructions are complete garbage and mine were completely wrong.

So here are the pictures and what I did

Step 1: Throw out the directions and little 90 degree brackets, they are trash

Step 1.5: Use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the end caps on the front bumper

Step 2: Using a 15mm socket remove the 2 selected bolts from each side

Step 3: Using the supplied longer bolt, Use a washer and a spacer for the top bolt on the driver side, I had to use a gator grip since it was a 17 inch socket and I did not have a long attachment and the standard OEM bolt on the bottom.

Step 4: You will have to rotate the Bracket to go around the condenser line, but once you do, I used the OEM bolts to secure this bracket on.

Step 5: Measure the distance from the inside corned of the cap to the end of the bracket about 3 inches and use a dremel or soldering iron, cut a grove to just wedge the caps back on to make it look nice and shard. (This took 20 min, I started with the dremel but the soldering iron worked way better! It is a crisp tight fit and looks way better than the small covers Daystar supplied)

Step 6: Push the caps back on should be a bit of a tight fit, I had to wedge mine on

Step 7: Using the 3.8 inch bolts, washers and nuts, bolt the bar onto the bracket (mine did not come with enough so I had to run out and grab some. you should have 4 bolts, 8 washers, and 4 nuts with your package. they are hardened zinc coated hardware)

Step 8: Enjoy

Thanks for this!

I am actually looking to buy this bar.
I just can't figure out which exact one I need, I don't know whether I have ' the box' . I should have, since I have the cornering headlights. However, since I'm in Europe, things might be different.
Here's a photo of what it looks like when I remove the cover.
Maybe someone here can help me out?

here's a link to the photo when I remove the cover:
http://http://www.shivaschoonheid.nl/kapjeweg.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
So still strugglin with this. Daystar is not responding and although I do have the cornering lights, my black box doesn't really look as what is mentioned above.
Does anyone have a detailed look of what the one without cornering lights looks like in detail, or can anyone advice me..? Thanks a lot!
Attached a new , clearer photo

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts