Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone order one of these Bull Bars and have problem mounting it?

First off, I have the "regular" version of the bar, not the Trailhawk only one.

On my 2016 Latitude There is a raised plastic piece in the Driver's Side leading down back behind the radiator area from the Bottom Bolt you're supposed to use. It sticks out probably 1 - 1.5 inches or so from where the top bolt is. You can see in the photo below the depth difference in the top bolt and bottom bolt locations because of this plastic piece.

Is there a work around? Did they send me the wrong piece? I'd like to keep the bar, but there's no way it'll work like this. Perhaps it's something new in the 2016's they weren't made for?

This view is peeking in through the removed fakey-vent plate on the driver side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ps can u upload the directions ?
Nope, there's really nothing that can be done other than Daystar making a new Driver's side arm.
Already packaged it back up for return. But the directions were only text. Dearch Daystar Bull Bar and they are shown in one of the other threads.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ok it will fit. Here's the problem. I called spoke to a tech.
If u have a manual it has an offset bracket to work with ur problem
The automatic does not need this bracket. It uses the ones u have. Call Daystar they will ship u the correct ones.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nope, there's really nothing that can be done other than Daystar making a new Driver's side arm.
Already packaged it back up for return. But the directions were only text. Dearch Daystar Bull Bar and they are shown in one of the other threads.

read my post above
call and they will ship u the correct ones

they have other brackets that have an off set to solve this prob

has something to do with the motor size and the auto or manual version

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I contacted them on Amazon and they said they'll probably issue a return and never offered a solution. I'll call Daystar direct and see what they can do.

However, I have an automatic.... So I'll see what they send.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I contacted them on Amazon and they said they'll probably issue a return and never offered a solution. I'll call Daystar direct and see what they can do.

However, I have an automatic.... So I'll see what they send.

strange -- when u call daystar let me know what they tell u which brackets to use or which mod number to order or how to order it

he said the brackets should work with my setup but its just the same as yours --- 2016 latitude auto 2.4 4-cylinder

let me know what they tell u and we can figure this out jeeeeesh

i want the bar but cant deal with what u went threw

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I just talked to a Chris Wagner at Daystar. He is going to send me the replacement arm, but was surprised my model has that plastic piece blocking the arm. He asked me to send him a copy of my window sticker info and the photo I posted above. He said they aren't really sure what that piece is and apparently were wrong at guessing who would have it and who wouldn't. He said he's going to start building a database of other people who have the same problem and hopefully figure it out.

So I'll update in a few days if this works or not.

Thanks, for pointing me in their direction Steve!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
sweet glad this was caught before they sold loads of them !!! i have not looked yet at mine working like nuts and may rain - i will check it out this weekend for sure and get pix as well

we will have the bar on our jeeps no worries !!!

glad they will look into this

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ok so if i want the bullbar i have to first check my bumper bolts - order the bar from a dealer since i cant order from daystar direct lol then call and tell them i need this magical bracket?
ok kewl i so have to look at my bumper and order away !!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's weird. I have the Latitude and bought the non th version of the bull bar and there was no problem installing it. There should be just the two metal parts of the renegade body sticking out. You have to remove the bolts either through the front or side(fog light) area. I didn't even have to use the extra mounting gear that the package came with.

Joseph

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That's weird. I have the Latitude and bought the non th version of the bull bar and there was no problem installing it. There should be just the two metal parts of the renegade body sticking out. You have to remove the bolts either through the front or side(fog light) area. I didn't even have to use the extra mounting gear that the package came with.

Joseph

what year - what motor - manual or auto
i still have not looked at my mount points i will saturday to confirm the weirdness

i was also told it would work but i dont want to buy and be stuck - i will know for sure saturday what mine looks like in there -- tooo much work and OT to even look untill then lol

thanks for the info

·
Registered
48 Posts
what year - what motor - manual or auto
i still have not looked at my mount points i will saturday to confirm the weirdness

i was also told it would work but i dont want to buy and be stuck - i will know for sure saturday what mine looks like in there -- tooo much work and OT to even look untill then lol

thanks for the info
Mine is the 2015 Latitude. 2.4 auto transmission.

Joseph

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
well it was driven me nuts not to know about the mount point --- sure enough mine is also like Greggs
photos to see like his o well --- will wait for him to post what daystar has done for him and whats needed ..!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ok so here is the word from daystar

KJ50011BK Bull Bar for the Jeep Renegade

KJ50005BK Trailhawk Frame Mounted Bull Bar (FITS Trailhawk Model ONLY)

KJ50006BK Bull Bar for the "Dawn of Justice and Sport Editions" Renegade KJ50006BK <------ this has the offset bracket youll need

call daystar they will replace your bracket to work with this bump out

an fast email from them after i sent them and email of my window sticker and vin - and talked on the phone a while

Perfect! Thank you.
We will be releasing info next Tuesday regarding Renegades that require that bracket on their Bull Bar.
The kits will have their own part number of KJ50006BK.

and heres a pic of said bracket

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am still waiting on my bracket to arrive. In the meantime I returned my bar to Amazon to be on the safe side. When the bracket arrives, I'll decide if i want to re-buy it or not. If I don't I'll have a free bracket for one of you guys. lol

Also...
"KJ50006BK Bull Bar for the "Dawn of Justice and Sport Editions" Renegade KJ50006BK <------ this has the offset bracket youll need"
Mine is a 2016 Latitude, not a DoJ or a Sport....

This just keeps getting weirder.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.