Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Latitude and have been wanting to add something to the front end, but most things that I have seen either require the tow hook mounts for the TH or go under the bumper which would decrease approach angle.

Daystar is now listing this item: http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1499

It looks like it would mount by removing the plugs and then bolting to the frame. I have not found any install instructions for it yet and have already emailed Daystar, but it is the weekend and I have not heard anything back. Does anyone know if it will work for all models of the Renegade? It does not specify, like some do, that it will only work for the TH.

Thanks - Erik

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Daystar bull bar will work on all Renegade models. A couple of weeks ago I spoke with someone in the know at Daystar and he told me it was designed to go on all models. I also have a Latitude and am thinking of putting one on my car. I just want to see installed pictures or a PDF file of the installation instructions. He told me that with non-Trailhawk models there's 2 square shaped pop out sections under the car that a bracket must go through. It sounded like it comes out of the 2 areas where the tow hooks are located, but I am not totally that this is a fact. It also sounded like it does not decrease approach angle, but again I'm not totally certain of that either. I think that we will all just have to wait until installed pictures show up on their site, or on the Internet or until installation instructions are available.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. There are pieces that can be popped out where the tow hooks would normally come out. The angled pieces appear to help cover the openings once the covers are taken off. I emailed Daystar and asked for a copy of the install guide. We will see what they respond with. Erik

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered mine from my local truck shop the day it was announced (the day after actually, because the shop had closed by the time I got off of work and realized they had finally released it) and it's still on back order (it's been over a month at this point), they estimated it would be shipped the first week of April (This week), and when I get it done I'll be sure and post picture, may do an install write-up if it's any more difficult than popping off the covers and mounting straight to the frame.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ordered mine from my local truck shop the day it was announced (the day after actually, because the shop had closed by the time I got off of work and realized they had finally released it) and it's still on back order (it's been over a month at this point), they estimated it would be shipped the first week of April (This week), and when I get it done I'll be sure and post picture, may do an install write-up if it's any more difficult than popping off the covers and mounting straight to the frame.
Thanks, im interested in some pics as well. Maybe not mounting a full-on winch bumper, but the bull bar could look cool out front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone gotten this installed yet? I got a quote that the bar and installation would be a little under $400 after tax, installation, etc.

I'm fairly handy, and wanted to see if anyone had photos or instructions to see if I could do it myself. Thanks

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.