Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
There's multiple problems. Like chunks of the base plate going with the weld. So the weld issuer get than the base after welding. With those small welds. They messed something up but good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is a picture of the latest bracket revision after two attempts with failed welds.
This is the big revision and the one that came with my kit. I feel confident that it will take whatever I will throw at it.

Also, keep in mind that 2 or 3 people on forums with a broken bracket hardly means that they are all going to fail. While i agree that these failures are NOT good, DayStar is being very proactive and recalling the older brackets and replacing them for owners, in some cases even paying to have them "re"installed.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
This is the big revision and the one that came with my kit. I feel confident that it will take whatever I will throw at it.

Also, keep in mind that 2 or 3 people on forums with a broken bracket hardly means that they are all going to fail. While i agree that these failures are NOT good, DayStar is being very proactive and recalling the older brackets and replacing them for owners, in some cases even paying to have them "re"installed.

Sorry, but the version with tac welds was idiocy. The slightly bigger welds was appealing qc. They were visibly bad welds. They should not have made it into a suspension component.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
So are you agreeing or arguing? I don't understand, I plainly stated that it wasn't a good thing that the welds had failures.
You seemed to be implying that because only 2-3 had failures, the welds might not be generally problematic. I disagree and stated why. The tack welds are inexcusable in any format, and the subsequent longer welds that failed would be flunked by a high school shop teacher. That they ever left a production facility with daystar's name on them is problematic and indicative of bad engineering, bad QC, or the inability to ride herd on a job shop. In increasing order of likelihood.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You seemed to be implying that because only 2-3 had failures, the welds might not be generally problematic. I disagree and stated why. The tack welds are inexcusable in any format, and the subsequent longer welds that failed would be flunked by a high school shop teacher. That they ever left a production facility with daystar's name on them is problematic and indicative of bad engineering, bad QC, or the inability to ride herd on a job shop. In increasing order of likelihood.
I agree with all of the above, and find it hard to believe that those poor welds didn't fail during any of DayStars testing.

The fact that widespread failures of the original brackets isn't heard of or proven, seems to show that they weren't as shotty as some make them out to be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.