Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The directions stink. When we got ready to put the bar on over the winch it was 1.5" to wide to mount so we had to bend it in to get it to fit.
It came out great I just don't like the lights my self. I would of went with some thing else.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Looks great, nice job. How much did all that weigh? I would like to get something that I could use as a recovery point. I wish Daystar would make a bumper without the winch setup that would be strong enough to be used to get towed out if needed. Don't think I could justify a winch setup.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The directions stink. When we got ready to put the bar on over the winch it was 1.5" to wide to mount so we had to bend it in to get it to fit. It came out great I just don't like the lights my self. I would of went with some thing else.
What did you end up having to use to bend the light hoop? I have the same setup on the way, mounted the main piece last week, but waiting on the side pieces and the hoop. I am hoping that mine fits in as it is supposed to. I am leaning towards trying to find an LED light bar that will fit on the top of the hoop. Would you be able to measure the distance between the two mounting points for me?

Thanks - Erik

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great, nice job. How much did all that weigh? I would like to get something that I could use as a recovery point. I wish Daystar would make a bumper without the winch setup that would be strong enough to be used to get towed out if needed. Don't think I could justify a winch setup.
I thinking it was about 75lbs with the extra bolt on sides and top bar.
You can use it with out a winch and it takes D rings that replaces the tow hooks.

What did you end up having to use to bend the light hoop? I have the same setup on the way, mounted the main piece last week, but waiting on the side pieces and the hoop. I am hoping that mine fits in as it is supposed to. I am leaning towards trying to find an LED light bar that will fit on the top of the hoop. Would you be able to measure the distance between the two mounting points for me?

Thanks - Erik
We bent it in to fit with my Hi lift jack. I can get that for you on Wednesday when I see him.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is your hood scoop functional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
The tab are 10.5" from end to end and 5" from each other.
Thanks. That would make the tabs about 2.25" wide. Are the mounting holes pre-drilled in the tabs, and, if so, could you check the spacing on them? I was hoping to have mine here this weekend, but it is now another week to week and a half out per Daystar....

Thanks - Erik

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like it. Daystar says the winch bumper doesn't fit the TrailHawk...maybe why you ran into the sizing issue. But I see you made it fit. Excellent. I've been thinking of getting that setup.
Not true they have a part number for the TH and one for non TH.
The bull bar to fit the main bumper was off that we had to bend in to fit.

ps- which rock-sliders did you install?
Rocky Road Outfitters. Made very well but the directions stink.

Reactions: User34
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.