Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk that has had issues with the passenger side light. I've changed the bulb a couple times and it always looks like one of the contacts on the bulb has lost some solder. Bulb is still good. Last time I cleaned the contacts on the socket and bent the prongs out a little and applied dielectric grease. It lasted a couple months. I tried to get a new socket at two auto parts stores and dealership. Dealership quoted me a price of $244.20 for just the socket. Someone must sell one cheaper than this? The bulb number is a 1157 and the brand was "Phillips". The socket looks like a $10.00 part that costs them 50 cents. It is a two filament bulb with two contacts on the bottom. I don't have any salvage yards nearby either, but may have to find one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found one at 1A auto for about $100.00. for the light assembly. Of course I would have liked it cheaper, but much better than $244.20. Hope it cures our issue.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I found one at 1A auto for about $100.00. for the light assembly. Of course I would have liked it cheaper, but much better than $244.20. Hope it cures our issue.
Well, your issue. ;) I haven't seen anyone else with that problem.

Again, it's not just a socket. It's the entire turn signal assembly. So particularly $100 is a good price, I think... Glad you found it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. Passenger marker light out
Tried new bulbs etc. Stays on for a day and goes out. I gave up!
Thanks for the info.Am going to see if I can find the socket somewhere here. Also my signals all work ...just when it's a day time running light it's out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts