Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Flagpole, and Peter's Mill are in the George Washington Forest in VA.

There's also Rausch Creek up in PA. RC has a couple of Jeep Rated trails, if you want the badges. They also teach some courses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For trails... I went on one, and know there are several. Though that place is not exactly "green" when it comes to off-roading. You'll want to go with at least a couple other 4x4s who know thier way around of course. I went through the Flagpole (well reverse direction of what thier group normally does) run with two Wrangler drivers from NoVAJeepers. Stock a Trail Rated 'Riot can make it through but will get a few scrapes underneath and will have to carefully gauge mud depth in a couple areas. Thankfully that trail has bypasses that are just as fun for us compact 4x4s at the challenging areas such as rock stairs (the one area I bypassed).
At one rocky uphill area, I made a rookie mistake and got hung up on a jagged rock where stock SR-A tires were not gripping enough to finish getting my over it so the two NoVAJeepers were kind enough to get out and give me a push. It was sliding along the crossmember, only scraped off some of the underbody coating...though the trail was fun and the Wrangler owners and I were impressed how our "cute" Jeeps handled the trail, a couple areas made this rookie a bit nervous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.