Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok folks by now many of you have seen dealer advertised discounts. I've seen them around $1000 to $1500 off. This would mean that they sell them below cost prices. The only way they can do that is to give you next to nothing on the price of your trade and/or to tack on a high dealer handling fee, or admin fee as they will call it. These fees can be very low or they can get rather high. In reality it's just addtional profit that they tack on to offset the "discount" that they tell you that you are getting.

And don't forget the $20.00 door edge guards that they will put on your car in a heartbeat and will charge you $200.00 for them, and other add ons that they throw on to all cars and tack on hefty prices for these things.

Once you have purchased your Renegade please let everyone know what discount you got, how much they charged you for their admin fee, how much below trade in value you got and how much extra junk they threw on to the car to jack up the price and their profits.

On the flip side of the coin there's also dealers out there that will give steals of deals where you really do get a great deal all around, and top dollar for your trade as we'll and low admin fees. They make their money on high volumes.

So don't forget to let everyone who gave you the bad deals and who gives the great deals. Waiting for your reports of your deals and to see pictures of your ride.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok folks by now many of you have seen dealer advertised discounts. I've seen them around $1000 to $1500 off. This would mean that they sell them below cost prices. The only way they can do that is to give you next to nothing on the price of your trade and/or to tack on a high dealer handling fee, or admin fee as they will call it. These fees can be very low or they can get rather high. In reality it's just addtional profit that they tack on to offset the "discount" that they tell you that you are getting.

And don't forget the $20.00 door edge guards that they will put on your car in a heartbeat and will charge you $200.00 for them, and other add ons that they throw on to all cars and tack on hefty prices for these things.

Once you have purchased your Renegade please let everyone know what discount you got, how much they charged you for their admin fee, how much below trade in value you got and how much extra junk they threw on to the car to jack up the price and their profits.

On the flip side of the coin there's also dealers out there that will give steals of deals where you really do get a great deal all around, and top dollar for your trade as we'll and low admin fees. They make their money on high volumes.

So don't forget to let everyone who gave you the bad deals and who gives the great deals. Waiting for your reports of your deals and to see pictures of your ride.
Got my silver TH last night.

1% below invoice (inc destination fee)- $26,086
"We owe" for rubber floor mats once available - $150-ish
Doc Fee $150

Basically I fought to get the 1% below, they reneged and tried to get me to use a Friends and Family #, I left and called the sales manager and explained that they lost me as a customer because of the ethics of trying to force me into using an employee connection to help cover the cost of the discount they had already extended to me outside of that connection. She had me come back with the promise that we were done talking numbers and would run straight to the F&I room.

Total cost with tax (7% in Indiana) was about $28,100.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another little dealer secret I discovered a few years back is the 'destination fee' is not charged to the dealers, it is put in there as pure profit to the dealer. I have bought cars in the past getting a good deal and also having the destination charges waived.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Another little dealer secret I discovered a few years back is the 'destination fee' is not charged to the dealers, it is put in there as pure profit to the dealer. I have bought cars in the past getting a good deal and also having the destination charges waived.
It's for things like that which I tend to avoid being one of the first buyers, since getting a fee like that waived is just hard to do with the initial demand, all works to their favor.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's for things like that which I tend to avoid being one of the first buyers, since getting a fee like that waived is just hard to do with the initial demand, all works to their favor.
I really wanted to get out in front of that crowd... I worked the angle of baiting the salesman to be one of the first in the state to sell a Trailhawk. It worked. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just purchased a Latitude FWD with the premium sound system, remote start, 18" wheels etc. Listed at 25,575. Got $900 off of sticker and hard balled them for a couple extra hundred on my trade-in. Doc fee was $219 and they would not budge on that. Bought this one in the Milwaukee, WI area.

By the way, all Jeep dealerships around here have at least a few Renegades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.