Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone can snag a copy of the dealer PDI instruction sheet and post it here. It would be interesting to see what the dealer should be doing as part of the PDI. It would help many of us to make sure things are being done prior to delivery.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I have done many a PDI during my time at Renault. What we did should apply to ALL makes and models.

Vehicle is driven onto the ramp. Sat in driving seat with checklist. Then basically you go through the whole vehicle to make sure everything works, from front to rear. Does everything work as it should? If not, rectify it. The underside is also inspected. The fluid levels are then checked along with the tyre pressures before the vehicle has a test drive to make sure there are no noises and to align the steering wheel. Once I am satisfied that the vehicle is as it should be, I will then release it for the valeters to do their bit, before it has handed to the customer.

You name it, it was checked and tested. I used to enjoy doing the PDIs. I never had a Renault returned with something that wasn't right after I had carried out the PDI.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, as it would take me an age to list everything on the vehicle that is part of the PDI. Nothing is supposed to be missed.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Basically everything that does something, regardless of whether it opens, turns, switches or whatever it's function SHOULD be checked/tested. For the majority of people, after the house, the car or Jeep is the next biggest purchase. When people spend a wedge on their new ride, it should be handed to them with peace of mind that everything has been checked as per the manufacturer's instructions and they can enjoy their new ride. Unfortunately not everyone carries out a PDI with the same enthusiasm and commitment as I did. I used to put myself in their position and think how would I feel if the PDI was not carried out correctly on my new vehicle.

Glad to be of help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.