Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder- check your tire pressure early on (preferable when you take delivery). Some dealers do not complete the dealer prep activities. My Trailhawk was delivered with 43psi.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine was about the same. My Dodge Challenger tires were inflated to over 50 lbs. The dealer didn't properly adjust the air pressure on either car before I drove home. It makes you wonder what else they don't do.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Its pretty sad that dealers get paid to do the PDI and they can't even check the tire pressures. Makes me wonder if they check anything else.
I wonder if this goes on with other dealerships? Surely Jeep can't be the only one this happens to. When I worked for Renault, I followed the pdi check sheet as per Renault's instructions. Not everyone was as thorough as I was.

Reactions: Ronda

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wonder if this goes on with other dealerships? Surely Jeep can't be the only one this happens to. When I worked for Renault, I followed the pdi check sheet as per Renault's instructions. Not everyone was as thorough as I was.
It happens at all dealerships it does not matter the brand. In every profession there are competent people that want to do a good job. There are also lazy bums that will do as little as possible to get paid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It happens at all dealerships it does not matter the brand. In every profession there are competent people that want to do a good job. There are also lazy bums that will do as little as possible to get paid.
Most dealerships will set tires at maximum sidewall pressure when placing vehicles on the lot to alleviate some tire flat spotting. After the sale, it is sales responsibility to make sure the vehicle heads back to the shop for final adjustments and then through wash for delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its pretty sad that dealers get paid to do the PDI and they can't even check the tire pressures. Makes me wonder if they check anything else.

I find it interesting how people have no regard for what they will say on the internet when they are un-informed. They are SUPPOSED to set the tire PSI to maximum sidewall per the PDI process.. The delivery process, now that's another story.

This is taken directly from the PDI check off sheet:

Increase the tire pressure to maximum sidewall pressure if vehicle is going into lot storage.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank You! Great Employees are very hard to come by anymore!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . .

Increase the tire pressure to maximum sidewall pressure if vehicle is going into lot storage.
Yes, but my Challenger was an ordered car; it arrived at the dealer on a Tuesday, and I drove it home Wednesday. No lot storage for this car. All four tires were inflated to over 50 psi.

Still makes me wonder what else they may have missed.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I find it interesting how people have no regard for what they will say on the internet when they are un-informed. They are SUPPOSED to set the tire PSI to maximum sidewall per the PDI process.. The delivery process, now that's another story.

That maybe so. But the car has a PDI before it gets handed to the customer. As part of the PDI, the tyres should be inspected and the tyre pressures set at the correct pressure. I know, as I PDI'd many Renaults.

Reactions: syzygy

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

Nobody here is talking about storage pressures.
That is irrelevant.
The delivery pressure should be correct.
The D means delivery not storage, as in a condition to drive on the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nobody here is talking about storage pressures.
That is irrelevant.
The delivery pressure should be correct.
The D means delivery not storage, as in a condition to drive on the road.
But that's not when a PDI is done at any dealership. The PDI is done when the car gets dropped off the transport before it is put on the lot to be sold. A PDI is done, pretty much the same way, even if it is an ordered car that the customer is coming to get ASAP. AFTER the sale it is the sales departments responsibility to make sure the vehicle is ready to be handed to the customer. Service is not involved between the sale and delivery to the customer unless the sales department makes it so.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
But that's not when a PDI is done at any dealership. The PDI is done when the car gets dropped off the transport before it is put on the lot to be sold. A PDI is done, pretty much the same way, even if it is an ordered car that the customer is coming to get ASAP. AFTER the sale it is the sales departments responsibility to make sure the vehicle is ready to be handed to the customer. Service is not involved between the sale and delivery to the customer unless the sales department makes it so.

Pre delivery inspection?
The dealer can interpret any way they want.
The car should be ready for driving on the road when you collect it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.