Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first service done today since I purchased in September (built June 15). I have seen a lot of people posting all the flashes they had done during their service. When I got my form saying what's been done there were no updates noted. I questioned it and they said there weren't any. Seems odd to me. Is there a way for me to tell if they even checked?

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
Many of the flash updates are not universal. Some are.

So for example, there are some that universally apply to cars made between date XXXX and date YYYYY. If your car is in that window, it gets the update.

Others only apply if you are in the right range of dates, or VINs, AND you have mentioned some qualifying symptom.

So if you think something is annoying, and are hoping an update will fix it, mention it, or you might not get an update.

Also some dealers say no because they don't want to tie up the resources flashing a car if nobody is complaining.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also some dealers say no because they don't want to tie up the resources flashing a car if nobody is complaining.
Thanks raz. I did make a complaint about the noise at 50km but they werent able to recreate the issue when tested and noted that there were no updates available so maybe I imagined it. Although the first time I complained about it months ago the mechanic did hear the noise and told me to just keep driving it. He also apparently didn't put it in his report after so theres no record of it.

What about the Uconnect site saying I have an update? Is that something the dealer should be checking or is the site wrong/different than what they look at?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dartser:
Just had my first oil change done at 6200 miles and my dealer also said there were NO updates. Mine is a 2015 Latitude, FWD, mfg. in Jan 2015 and Jeep shows no needed updates. I might mention I have had no problems at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.