Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an issue, just need to get some input as my next step. I signed paperwork and everything 9/4 and was told 7-10 days and they'd know more about delivery date. Well I gave it about 7-8, and day 8 was finally told there was a problem getting that Renegade I did paper work on, but still received my extended warranty paperwork with VIN that I had signed for.

Dealer is saying they are not having an easy time finding me the Rene I want (options maxed) yet I am able to give them at least 4 with in the state of TX that I can live with. The question is how can I know the ability of transferring a jeep from dealer to dealer, especially when I have already signed, worked all #s and am literally waiting on my dealer to give me a real definite date I can get my jeep. Or are they dragging their feet and not wanting to transfer for me. :crying:

·
Registered
181 Posts
We bought ours via a dealer transfer. The other dealer was 200 miles away. We signed the papers on a Saturday and could have taken possession on the Monday. We picked it up on Tuesday because it was more convenient for us.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had he same issue as you... Dealer in temple cluster f*** of a dealership... Wha to did was use the jeep search tool on the jeep website to find the one I wanted. I called the internet manager and told him my entire story. He offered be fair trade (all I was asking for) sight unseen and said see u in 5 hours. I drove there did the deal and am very happy. Dealer trades are usually bad for u because they try To pay for the cost with your trade or in price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Stop by the dealership today - before work - and get your deposit check back. He can continue to search, and you can eventually do the deal with him should he locate a vehicle that suits you. Don't be held hostage for some imaginary Jeep that he has not been able to produce. You said he gave you a VIN number, now how is that possible?

It is amazing to me, how desperate some sales people are to hang on to customers. A search can be done, with no deposit. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, that perhaps finding and transferring a Jeep to his dealership was genuinely more difficult than he first thought it would be.

It also irritates me how some sales people don't understand that color, and certain options are really important to customers, and they will do or say anything to try to get you to buy from their lot first. Especially when a customer is "dreamy" about wanting a certain color.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Agreed with Traceee. I ordered mine so their was no confusion on what I wanted. They tried to find one on the states but at that time the MySky hadn't been produced.

Good luck I hope you get what you are looking for!

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
It also irritates me how some sales people don't understand that color, and certain options are really important to customers, and they will do or say anything to try to get you to buy from their lot first. Especially when a customer is "dreamy" about wanting a certain color.
Yeah I was pretty bugged at my salesman who kept trying to sell me the one I test drove even though I came there with a clear intent to buy anvil.
But once I met with the internet manager he searched right away and made arrangements to trade with a dealer. He found a couple and one of them worked out. That's when I put down my deposit for them to bring it in. (Wish he could have just been my salesman throughout!). He's also the one who sent me a pic the morning it arrived.
Didn't start paperwork until after it was there and I saw it in person.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny. I still have my deposit in hand. And it's my down payment too.. As I've told him how much it'll be(no trade in) but we signed a contract with a Anvil TH found. They couldn't tell me what happened to that exact jeep other than my salesman "dropped the ball." It was right before Labor Day and I'm not writing it off as he screwed my deal up or not.. But that was just under 2 weeks ago.

I was referred to this dude from a good coworker so I assumed he would get me taken care of. They have me a great # on extended warranty, and a fairly good price in the end.. But if they can't transfer what I want (1st new purchase, and they are aware I'm not budging) I may be driving to Htown to start over ?

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
It may be that it is too far to make money on. It may also be that the dealers who have it simply do not want to trade at all or for anything on the other dealer's lot. They are not obligated to swap inventory.

My advice, if you are willing to do so, is tell them you want your money back, and you will go get one of those yourself. See if that changes their tune.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that's the next step raz-0 I've let them know this has become a time constraint and I need this vehicle sooner than later. Ordering is out the window as I don't have time for that. Yes I feel that it's a possible disagreement between my dealer and the ones I'm finding in Dallas/Houston. But all say in transit, what if the one I signed for was also in transit and it just got sold before it made it to me? I'd prefer to deal with a manager but of course that's fairly hard to get done it seems..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes that's the next step raz-0 I've let them know this has become a time constraint and I need this vehicle sooner than later. Ordering is out the window as I don't have time for that. Yes I feel that it's a possible disagreement between my dealer and the ones I'm finding in Dallas/Houston. But all say in transit, what if the one I signed for was also in transit and it just got sold before it made it to me? I'd prefer to deal with a manager but of course that's fairly hard to get done it seems..
Everyone that I found fairly close to home was "In Transit" and I was told most of those are already sold! So I ordered my own and have been waiting for only 9 weeks so far. It is Built and just waiting on a ship to hop onto. Hurry Home My Yellow Trailhawk!

Reactions: R3N3GAD3

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't wait that long. My jeep is already with my sister, we already sold hers to get it out of our hands. Been borrowing my dads grand for the last week.. No time, but this was after they told me 7-10 days and we'd be in business.. Should have waiting to sell the trade sure, but the dealer doesn't seem to be doing all they can to get me my Rene ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
So basically, you signed a contact, which obligates you to give the dealer up to 10 days. No monies exchanged yet, but you don't want to lose the warranty price he quoted to you. You have a VIN number but I bet that car was sold - ask the dealer directly if the car was sold. You could probably find the exact car by surfing nearby dealerships and checking the window stickers, but what is the point.

Find a dealer with a car you want, see if they will match the warranty price,and see if they will ship or drive the car to you, or go on a road trip, take a bus or something, dealer can pick you up and a modest deposit of like $50 bucks can be done over the phone. A hassle sure, but you need a car right? Will local dealer give you a loaner?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So basically, you signed a contact, which obligates you to give the dealer up to 10 days. No monies exchanged yet, but you don't want to lose the warranty price he quoted to you. You have a VIN number but I bet that car was sold - ask the dealer directly if the car was sold. You could probably find the exact car by surfing nearby dealerships and checking the window stickers, but what is the point.

Find a dealer with a car you want, see if they will match the warranty price,and see if they will ship or drive the car to you, or go on a road trip, take a bus or something, dealer can pick you up and a modest deposit of like $50 bucks can be done over the phone. A hassle sure, but you need a car right? Will local dealer give you a loaner?
Once tomorrow comes, they said I should know if they are able to call this TH mine. Then they said I would be able to get a loaner till my new jeep arrives. The warranty is the easy part, as I know what Im paying for it..Just worked out better to roll it into my financing

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tomorrow was Friday. They didn't call. I took it upon myself to go track my own down. Within 4 hours of contacting Don Davis in Arlington, I was told exactally where this TH was and that it could be mine. And now it will be. My local dealer took 14+ days to get me nothing but wasted time and now less than 2 weeks I'll have a new Anvil TH ??????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.