Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else got problems with Deezer?

My trial expired and put me onto restricted account which only plays 30 seconds of a track. From my phone I signed up for the free account as I do not want to pay £9.99/month (tight Yorkshireman!) but I only have the restricted account in the Jeep.

Any advise?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry no help but I find the whole app thing a real disappointment.
It crashes every time I open it and its buggy when it does work.
So many cool things they could have done like planning trips or adding places for the navigation etc.
How about seeing your drives on google maps with all the speed, gear, acceleration stuff etc overlayed.
All possible with a couple of weeks programming but not done.

Whole software area of Jeep/FCA, websites included is amatuer rubbish.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No problem- that is how it works.
It's free on your phone but subscription based (after a trial period) on a different device.

Like you, I think it is too expensive. Haven't tried it but you should be able to stream from the phone, but this defeats the purpose of the app.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Total agree about the apps. A lack of forward thinking and testing. This could be fixed with a software patch but I doubt that will ever happen. The satnav isn't the best either. Would much prefer to use Waze as, at least, that is always up to date.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have to confess that I haven't looked at the Apps at all!
Did the free 6 month trial on my phone, and decided to continue paying the £9.99 a month. Works out a lot cheaper than what I used to spend on CDs.
I just download the music onto my phone, and play it from there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got a 6 month free trial of Deezer via 3 on my iPhone with unlimited data - so the cost isn't too bad as it is available in the car and on the phone - but as has been mentioned, you may as well just stream music from the phone as use the app.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you connected through the u connect app as the deezer plays from that , I too have the restricted account but it plays all the way through the tracks .��
⚫IIIIIII⚫

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have you connected through the u connect app as the deezer plays from that , I too have the restricted account but it plays all the way through the tracks .��
⚫IIIIIII⚫
I've now paid to try it out and it won't play the stuff I've download to phone.

Once I disconnect phone from internet. It stops playing.
So it always seems to stream even if you have the stuff on your 'phone app'.
What's the point!.

I'll cancel now as I've no patience for pissing about with half arse, mega complex software that should be a no brainer.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wrote to Deezer:

"Was about to cancel my subscription but thought I'd try asking on the off chance.
I have Jeep Renegade + Note 4 + Premium+ subscription.
Can the Jeep play my 'Downloaded' Deezer tracks while phone is offline.?"

Answer
"Kindly note that the App is compatible with Android Auto or CarPlay. Please check if your Jeep Renegade has one of these technologies, in this case yes :)"

I'm none the wiser. When I take my phone offline(off the internet but still all bluetoothed up) the head unit says lost connection.
I have the songs downloaded to phone so it should be able to play 'em without internet.

Anyway all JFI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts