Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has had issues with their stock diverter or blowoff valve. I'm having strange acceleration problems, and by the sound of it, it seems to be the valve. Under moderate to heavy acceleration getting onto the interstate or passing someone, I get very obvious power loss in the form of surging. This comes with an unusual popping sound from the blow off valve, sometimes releasing air up to 3 times when letting off the gas. I have heard that some people have minor instability while accelerating, and I do plan on installing GFB's DV+ diverter mod to smooth that out, but I think something is wrong. Gentle acceleration and shifting eliminates the surging but I can't always do that while in traffic. Thoughts?

·
Registered
263 Posts
That does not sound right. I run mine hard onto the high ways, and my pressure blow back occurs only when letting off the gas and it releases it in 1 solid push. Sounds like you have some warranty work to discuss with the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.