Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've bought / ordered a new Jeep Renegade Dawn of Justice (UK). This was on 29th March, the thing is the dealership said it could be expected end of April, then when this didn't happen, build was supposed to start the following week, then the following week then the following week!
It's just being pushed back and pushed back, i'm slightly regretting having ordered it.
My other half wasn't liking it anyway, and I've never had such a 'different' type of car.
Wants going off? Why all the delays?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The delays are mostly due to the very few plants building it, and the fact that it must be shipped over seas. Mine took quite some time to come. I ordered a fully loaded trailhawk just over a year ago. I got word from the dealer that September that it was built and on it's way. I didn't finally take delivery until Oct 22. Why the extra month after it was built? Essentially, shipping. It was shipped to Baltimore first, and then it was just a matter of waiting for a truck to get the thing and bring it to NY. It's really annoying, but in the end, it was worth it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know for mine it's being built in Melfi, Italy. I think in the UK they just selling too many and with the factory also building the Fiat 500x they just can't cope, they must be flat out. I just hope there are no quality issues. I've only seen 2 Renegades on the road in my area.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It may be that there is a supply issue with one of the components on yours. I ordered mine early January, was told it would be ready to pick up late March / early April, but it was built a few weeks early and I picked it up early March. I think the reason was there was an issue with sunroofs an I didn't want a sunroof so mine got pushed to an earlier build slot. Shipping only takes around 5 days from Salerno to Portbury and should only take a few day for customs clearance and trucking to the dealer.

·
Registered
236 Posts
2 weeks ago mine was "on ship". Must have ran into pod of whales.
I'm now at week 11.

Every sentance out my mouth now ends in "....but I can't untill I get the Jeep"
Yep getting pissed off about now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got an email from the dealer today, things are looking up:-
'Finally I have some news!!
Your car has been built and is x-factory. It still takes some time to arrive with us, BUT it IS on its way!!!!
I am on annual leave now until the 10th June when on my return I should have more info for you as to collection'.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.