Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to remove the clutch delay valve and it now feels like a like should.. it gets to the grab point almost instantly as one would expect. I removed the line from the slave cylinder as well as up on the body side, took apart the valve and removed the components (springs etc) and put it back together. I then bled the clutch with my power bleeder and what a difference.

Credit on procedure to Renegade Racing on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/pLxJrcGIpc4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been putting this off because it was cold out and didnt expect it to be that easy..... Soon! like tomorrow.
Yeah I thought it was more involved until I saw it done lol.. I was in the middle of a brake fluid flush and went .. why not?? I put the 2 springs and plastic pieces in a zip lock just in case I didn’t like it. I can say it’s easier to drive IMO , there is feeling in the clutch again as well as a good bite when you have to make that quick take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought the delay valve from deyeme racing . Beginning to wonder if what they sold me actually does anything . If it’s just a pretty brass fitting I wouldn’t be too happy with them even though all the other parts from them have been well beyond my expectations.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, I did it. I installed the deyeme delete and what a failure...... First when changing the fitting the spring clip must of shot 15- 20 feet into the air and was lost for a few hours in my lawn. I ended up using what I call racing wire to hold the fitting together long enough to baby it to the hardware store but, the fitting would only seat in the bleed position I guess the delete from deyeme was a beta test part (nowhere on their site did it state that).My neighbor saved the day by bringing over magnet sweeper and he found the clip! I ended up removing the guts of the stock valve. The car does feel better but I need to take it out for a proper drive to really gauge it. Im looking to solve the grind from 1-2 while partial throttle but with heavy load and it also happens randomly on the 2-3 shift up hill under heavy load but partial throttle.

I dont want anyone to think bad of deyeme racing, their engine mounts and shift linkage parts are definitely worth it and I do recommend them. Ive messaged them about this issue and will see where they take it from there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I did it. I installed the deyeme delete and what a failure...... First when changing the fitting the spring clip must of shot 15- 20 feet into the air and was lost for a few hours in my lawn. I ended up using what I call racing wire to hold the fitting together long enough to baby it to the hardware store but, the fitting would only seat in the bleed position I guess the delete from deyeme was a beta test part (nowhere on their site did it state that).My neighbor saved the day by bringing over magnet sweeper and he found the clip! I ended up removing the guts of the stock valve. The car does feel better but I need to take it out for a proper drive to really gauge it. Im looking to solve the grind from 1-2 while partial throttle but with heavy load and it also happens randomly on the 2-3 shift up hill under heavy load but partial throttle.

I dont want anyone to think bad of deyeme racing, their engine mounts and shift linkage parts are definitely worth it and I do recommend them. Ive messaged them about this issue and will see where they take it from there.
It takes a bit of finesse, the 2nd clip if I recall where the bleeder is, pushes in to release where the one up on the unibody pulls out to release. I'm glad you found it. I believe Deyeme sells modified factory assembly's according to their website now which is great as if you screw the orginal assembly up you would have to order a new one anyway lol.

One thing you will notice or should is the clutch pedal has "slight feedback" and the grab point is the grab point now just like any other manual vehicle as well as making the release consistent and faster which IMO makes it easier to drive. I had no issues with the delay valve other than it made the release a bit longer than I liked.

As far as your grinding, I had a chevy cruze that hated high rpm shifting in the lower gears and would grind or hesitate a bit and what solved that was installing synchromesh fluid rather than the atf it comes with. Its a pretty popular mod, Id be curious as to what the dodge dart/ fiat 500 guys use as sometimes its night and day.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I guess the part I was installing went to the other end of the hard line which is the actual delay valve. Thats why it didnt work. This was my own stupidity and not following directions because how hard could replacing a fitting be right?

what we ended up deleting from the clutch system by removing the plastic and springs was a noise vibration harshness dampener not the delay valve. The job seems pretty big seeing as the only way I can see getting to it is by disconnecting all of the hard lines from from the (booster pump?) and removing the pump itself to reveal the delay valve under.

My theory on the grinds while shifting is that the delay vale doesnt let the clutch operate at full speed hence the delay and this causes your shift to be quicker than the clutch even if you are stabbing it to the floor with lightning kicks. Now this issue never happens when I give it a full throttle pull but only at partial throttle under heavy load (think like 3/4 throttle).

·
Registered
103 Posts

circled is the hard line in which the soft line to the transmission connects. Right under the pump where the arrow points is where the actual delay Valve sits .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting...It makes sense where it resides but removing the guts out of the other end actually feels like it did "something" I swear it grabs consistently and quicker now..maybe the 2 parts combined work together ? I'd love to see If I actually gutted the delay valve how much quicker it would be.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting...It makes sense where it resides but removing the guts out of the other end actually feels like it did "something" I swear it grabs consistently and quicker now..maybe the 2 parts combined work together ? I'd love to see If I actually gutted the delay valve how much quicker it would be.
Removing the nhv valve does add some feel back. To me the clutch grab point is still weird feeling and inconsistent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts