Jeep Renegade Forum banner
241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I named mine chit with an s ....the reason every time I get that service 4x4 error its what I say angerly because 3 dealers cant find out why

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've thought about calling mine Mud Pie or Mud Pie II. No, not because of my screen name. My first ever Jeep was a 1954 Willys M38A1 (I hope everyone knows what that is...). It was still OD Green, had registrations numbers on the hood, stars, and all the military warnings painted all over it. Some G.I. painted "Mud Pie" under the windshield. So it was called Mud Pie by me, all my high school friends, and family. Eventually I started getting called Mud Pie in school, "Here comes Mud Pie !". Mud Pie became my handle during the CB craze (remember that ??), then years later my online name.

Reasons preventing me from calling my Latitude Mud Pie is out of respect for the Willys and:

1. The Renegade is more car than a true "Jeep". On a true Jeep, you could leave it outside, no doors or top, in the pouring rain and have no worries about shorting out anything or damaging the interior. Pull the floor drain plugs and you're good to go. If it snows, you can use the kitchen dustpan to scoop out just enough snow for your seat and feet.

2. My renegade is a 2x4. That in itself means it'll only see road dust, no mud, sand or dirt. Maybe I should call it Dust Bunny....

3. My Willys got a bath only when it rained. Now when I see the purty black paint job on my Renegade get dirty, I wanna clean it.

4. A true Jeep is nothing more than a farm tractor with more seats. Vacuum wipers that work only when it's not raining.

No need to flame me or lambaste me with hater comments. I know what my Renegade was and is before I bought it. I'm still glad I have it. But I don't lump it in with Willys or early CJ's just because of the iconic grill or badging. Renegades couldn't be further removed from the family tree. There are more electronic gizmos in my Latitude than what the Apollo 11 command module had.

So, will I call it Mud Pie ? Probably not. I'll save that name for my late fathers 1953 Willys CJ-3A that I'm currently restoring.

My wife drives a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade that we bought brand new and is still running great, over 220k on the odo, original engine and tranny with NO work done to it. We call it "The Jeep" when we decide which vehicle to take. We call my Renegade "your car" or "the new car". Pretty telling in itself.

Do I like my Renegade ? Yes I do. Very much so. Will I name it ? Not sure yet.

You asked a simple question, you got an essay from me. Imagine how my wife feels, and we've been together 30 years.... :)

Reactions: Xopher

·
Registered
185 Posts
We've never been into naming vehicles. The Fiat is Fiat. Truck is truck. My Jeep (CJ) is Jeep. Now that we have the Renegade, we do call that one Fiep (or Feep) as its more Fiat than Jeep and manufactured by Fiat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not very creative. The new Renegade is the "the jeep". The f350 is "the truck", the Rabbit is "the rabbit...sometimes the VW" and the Isuzu is "the isuzu".

My kids complain I'm not very creative. All are pets are (insert color here) cat, dog, (insert color here) pig (guinea pigs), turtle, and snake. Of course they have names from what the kids tell me, but I'm not a good listener.

But on a creative note, I often use colorful names when they are irritating me. :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Renegade is named Onyx. This is because she's completely blacked out and because Onyx semi-precious stones make me think of lite off-roading.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
My previous Renegade (orange) was named Mal (Malcolm Renegade), and had a decal on the back window that said "I aim to misbehave...."
Oh. My. God.
Excellent.
I am SO stealing that. And getting the decal made...
Know where I can get a decal of Serenity?
Or maybe get this decal:

·
Registered
190 Posts
My daughter's Patriot is called "Liberty Belle", or just "Belle".
Which would be fine, but my son drives a Liberty.
Wife's Renegade is called "Rene" (ren-ay) can't find the little accent mark for over the "e".
The Grand Cherokee was "Chero"; my first Rangie was "The Farm Truck" since it was set up for off-road.
Mine is "The Red One" for now..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh. My. God.
Excellent.
I am SO stealing that. And getting the decal made...
Know where I can get a decal of Serenity?
Or maybe get this decal:
I had found the decals ("misbehave" for my Renegade and "Serenity" for my wife's Mini) on Amazon.

That deal looks awesome. Your have to be a true fan to get the meaning.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@Xopher
I ordered the Serenity logo today, along with "I aim to misbehave".
Serenity logos are going on the rear-most pillars.

And, builders plates; they're "metalized".
I think I'll put them on the doors, where the tire pressure sticker is...

The "Engineered by Firefly" should be on the dash somewhere; it's from the bridge of Serenity.

So...
I'm naming her "Serenity".

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Renegade is the first car I have ever named, well, maybe that's because it's not just a car.. it's a Jeep. :)

Xavier: Born from ashes, raised in Italy, and tattooed with 'X's.

What did you name your Renegade and is there a story behind it?
I just bought a 2017 Jeep renegade trail hawk. Since it’s my first Jeep I have named her Baby Beast but don’t underestimate her cuz she can go into beast mode as well. Just like me.

241 - 260 of 265 Posts