Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Did your Renegade come with the card describing the key blade code and computer code?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's supposedly a card that's supposed to come with these things, according to pg 41 or so of the American owners' manual, that describes the characteristics of the key (ie, the cut-code for the SIP22 blade) and of the car (the code needed to program the key). Ours did not come with this and the dealer is trying to deflect.

Did yours come with this card?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I dont remember getting said card. We are also supposed to get a screw in tow hook, lots of us got boned on that as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far without my vote we're 5-zip no-card.

My wife and I are going to contact Chrysler. I suggest that everyone else does too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
quoted from online manual

There's supposedly a card that's supposed to come with these things, according to pg 41 or so of the American owners' manual, that describes the characteristics of the key (ie, the cut-code for the SIP22 blade) and of the car (the code needed to program the key). Ours did not come with this and the dealer is trying to deflect.

Did yours come with this card?
page 39, right column

"At the time of purchase, the original owner is provided with a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). Keep the PIN in a secure location. This number is required for authorized dealer replacement of Key Fobs. Duplication of Key Fobs may be performed at an authorized dealer. This procedure consists of programming a blank Key Fob to the vehicle electronics. A blank Key Fob is one that has never been programmed. NOTE: When having the Sentry Key Immobilizer System serviced, bring all vehicle keys with you to an authorized dealer."

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have mine. The card was in the glove box with the Renegade manuals.
Are you willing to put some masking tape over the actual numbers that correspond to your vehicle, and take a picture for us? It would be convenient to have a picture so that they know what I'm talking about...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is it the same card that has the 4 digit pin code for unlocking the Uconnect system?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are you willing to put some masking tape over the actual numbers that correspond to your vehicle, and take a picture for us? It would be convenient to have a picture so that they know what I'm talking about...
2nd this

Is it the same card that has the 4 digit pin code for unlocking the Uconnect system?
We believe so. Mind taping over your 4 digits and getting us a photo of said card?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, these cards are not all that important now, but ten years from now they could be essential in dealing with inevitable problems with keys...

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
2nd this

We believe so. Mind taping over your 4 digits and getting us a photo of said card?
Here is a photo. I was told at purchase that this pin was used for the U-Connect system and also for making keys. The card is about 3" X 4" and came folded in an envelope. The actual card does not mention anything about keys but I like I said was told it is used for keys also.

Text Font Material property Label Receipt

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is a photo. I was told at purchase that this pin was used for the U-Connect system and also for making keys. The card is about 3" X 4" and came folded in an envelope. The actual card does not mention anything about keys but I like I said was told it is used for keys also.

View attachment 40498

Balls, I did get that card. Sweet stuff

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I did not get one. I do have one of the "early" vehicles for U.S.A.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

View attachment 40498

I've got that one. The FIAT one is like this:

There's Pugeot and Alfa-Romeo ones that are similar, all based on a Fiat chassis.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Does anyone if this applies to UK models? I will have to check in the glovebox and see what is in the pouch. I was handed two key fobs, but no card. Will have a look and report back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't sweat if you don't have the card. Sometimes it gets tossed during dealer prep. Its not a big deal. Everything about your vehicle can be determined by the dealer when he uses your VIN. They are not going to let a simple card determine the fate of your vehicle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't sweat if you don't have the card. Sometimes it gets tossed during dealer prep. Its not a big deal. Everything about your vehicle can be determined by the dealer when he uses your VIN. They are not going to let a simple card determine the fate of your vehicle.
And what if I don't want to pay the dealer's prices to provide keys when I have the right to take my vehicle to an automotive locksmith for the same service? What if I am in the middle of nowhere and lose my keys, and I have to have it fixed on the spot by the locksmith that shows up?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.