Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into increasing the horsepower on their diesel version Renegade? I have done this on previous diesels and the results have been spectacular. Just wondering if anyone on this forum has looked into it or maybe has already done it on their Renegade.

I purchased the Opening Edition with the 140hp 2.0L diesel with the 6sp manual. Although the performance is quite good, bumping the horsepower up to the Trailhawk which comes in at 170hp would be even better.

Below is a link to the chip I am considering from a company I have used before. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts, experiences or interest in pursuing a similar upgrade.

http://www.chipexpress.com/products/4615/

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the 140hp diesel with the 9-speed automatic and I too would like a little more power. Previously I had a Saab with the 160hp diesel from Fiat-GM Powertrain, and it felt a bit more peppy. And so getting the 140hp up to the Trailhawk's 170hp is tempting. I am however sceptical to any diesel tuning box and I would always prefer a reprogramming of the ECU. By just adding a tuning box I would worry about clogged particle filter and EGR valve. But I have no experience in tuning a diesel, so my scepticism may not be warranted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The same engine does 200-210-ish bhp remapped in other cars. Fiat Freemont, among others. So i reckon you'd get a pretty nice kick out of it with the Renegade. Pretty small car and light car considering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Maybe this would be the way to go, German tuning company:

http://www.racechip.de/shop/jeep/renegade-ab-2014/2-0-multijet-1956ccm-170ps-125kw-350nm.html

210hp / 432Nm (319 ft lb), plug and play.

Anything more promised with powerbox only is BS, even this seems a bit high, 200hp/+400Nm is realistic. They have programmed 220-230hp from Alfa Romeos with this same engine, but that requires anyhow modifications to intake/ex system and ditching particle filter. Same engine in Opel Insignia 2.0 Cdti has 190hp stock but with double turbos (stock).

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought one of those tuning boxes for one of my old cars (an MG ZT, if you're interested) and it totally transformed it from 135BHP up to 190 - was getting wheelspin in 2nd gear! Saying that, I did a few mods on that car including a de-cat back box and blanked off the EGR.

I suspect it may be a similar case for the renegade which should make it a hoot to drive!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I have used the chip express on my Trailhawk and the difference is very noticeable and much quieter , It takes it to 204BHP and is very quick and much smoother, 0-60 is about 7 secs, fuel eco has improved as well, well worth the outlay and you can disconnect for service, a word of warning do this, otherwise you get fault lights, I forgot mine was on my Jeep Grand Cherokee when it went for service and it caused a limp mode. Also don't increase the settings that Chip Express set the unit at again you will get a fault code which the dealer can pick up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had my 2.0 140bhp Renegade remapped and it is amazing, I highly recommend Yorkshire Remaps

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
1.6 Multijet Remap

Hi All
I have an ECU remap on my 1.6D Limited(UK spec). I have put a 10000mile review on youtube along with details of the Remap and its success.
Link Below for anyone who is interested.

Seems I cant give you the link until I have been a member for a while? Sorry
Try searching for

ECU Remapped Jeep Renegade Review

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts