Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2l diesel renegade which has been giving me a little difficulty getting the diesel refuelling nozzle into the tank. Has anyone come across this as a problem. The key-less flap opens in the usual manner when I switch off the engine and before you ask, I can assure you that it is diesel I was trying to put into my vehicle.

· Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2l diesel renegade which has been giving me a little difficulty getting the diesel refuelling nozzle into the tank. Has anyone come across this as a problem. The key-less flap opens in the usual manner when I switch off the engine and before you ask, I can assure you that it is diesel I was trying to put into my vehicle.
I find it difficult to get the diesel nozzle in, it is a tight fit. But no problems refuelling.

· Registered
580 Posts
Maybe not all nozzles have the optimum design? In the US I have come across many filler nozzles that my Audi rejected. Usually the nozzle would stay in after a little wrangling, but get spontaneously and forcefully ejected during fueling, spraying fuel everywhere. So I had to hold the nozzle all the time.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe not all nozzles have the optimum design? In the US I have come across many filler nozzles that my Audi rejected. Usually the nozzle would stay in after a little wrangling, but get spontaneously and forcefully ejected during fueling, spraying fuel everywhere. So I had to hold the nozzle all the time.
Thanks Lamont, your right. it was only when I went to a filling station that I had not been to before that I found this problem. I guess I'll just give this filling station a miss

· Registered
38 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it but having found the plastic nozzle/funnel in with the wheel jack and brace, you could use that and then carefully fill from the normal pump but there would be no cut off etc. There would have to be no other option eg low fuel light on and miles more to go before I'd resort to it.
Jabber60

· Registered
25 Posts
I live in the UK and also have a diesel. I had the same problem with one pump. The inner flap would just not open. Used a different pump at the same station and all ok. I have never used that pump again and have had no problems with any stations since.
I now have put the plastic extension in a more accessible place in case I need it.

· Registered
100 Posts
We usualy have one special diesel pump on every larger gas station, intended for trucks. Pump hose has biger diameter for biger fuel flow. Probably pump is also more powerful. I feel filling is twice faster.I can use it also for my recent Hy galloper. It looks like with renegade I'll have to pay attention. Concidering tank volume , 75 v 48 liters, time spent will be the same. :) But luckily money not, in this case "time is money" not true. :)

· Registered
112 Posts
I've had the same problem 1.6 diesel ... new filling station .. nozzle went in easy but the pump cut off when I tried to fill up .. took me ages to put fuel in so I gave up at £10.. will try a different station next time ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.