Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a question for the owners in the UK. Very soon I will go on hollyday to the UK. I have heard from a lot of people that there are 2 different types of diesel. The Ultimate and Normal diesel. What is the best diesel that I can use? Overhere in Belgium we have only 1 kind (normal).

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
My Jeep isn't diesel, it's petrol, however I have had vehicles, including vans in the past and always used the normal diesel with no issues.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What is the best diesel that I can use? Overhere in Belgium we have only 1 kind (normal).
There are a number of "premium" fuels available in the UK. All the Diesels I have owned previously I have used the "standard" diesel, but they were company cars. As examples:
Heres the info on Shell Nitro
Heres the BP Ultimate
There are others....

How do the prices compare (and what you can expect to pay over here): https://www.petrolprices.com
so that 7p per litre, or more than standard.

So there is a premium to pay for the premium diesels. Theres a lot of discussions on forums and expert opinions on is it worth it, or is it not. The main differences are the premium Diesel products claim to have additives that promote cleaning and removal of deposits in the engines. I believe all Diesel has to meet minimum EN590 (latest release) anyway, for it to be sold in UK, which is I believe the same as most of Europe.

One well known and respected commentator "Honest John" has stated in the past:
"Over the years I have been able to prove that high-grade fuels deliver better economy. They also keep my cars' fuel systems clean and I never suffer from the kind of problems that sometimes occur with cars that only ever run on supermarket petrol"

So really its up to you... But personally, if I were you, then I would stick to using our standard diesel when your here as you stated premium products are not available in Belgium. I would think that to see any long term benefit, you would need to run it for more than a couple of tank fulls on a holiday visit.

As to what fuel I am going to use on my Renegade (once it arrives from Italy!), well, I havent yet decided! All my previous cars, I didnt really care about as they were leased cars, paid for by my company and they were maintained at someone elses cost.

My Renegade will be my own, so the decision needs to be made soon.. once it finally arrives that is :)

Hope you have a lovely holiday over here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your answer, I'm very pleased with it. My wife and I will be in the UK for 14 days. First we going to the Lake District, then walking a lot of Hedrians Wall and finally close our hollyday near the Cheviot Hills.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Every time that I have been to or near the Lake District it has rained. I must be a jinx.

If you come to the UK again, take a trip up the west side of Scotland and across to the Isle of Skye. Some beautiful scenery. Also Stirling and the Trossachs. Scotland is well and truly blessed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts