Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, finally had a dry day without overwhelmingly high humidity, so figured it was time to give things a try.

Walk-through is up at my Facebook page;

-Plasti-dipped side mirrors

Came out pretty nice, and I love how easy Plasti-dip cleans up. I'll certainly be doing more, :)

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, :)

I was going to do the handles as well, but the more I looked at them the more unsure I was as to how and where to actually tape things.

That and I had already been outside for like 4 hours, and it's in the 90's again. So when I was done I grabbed a beer, found some shade, and took a break. Course, that led to another beer and some more relaxing, and then another beer... Well, you get the idea, :)

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job. Good that you were able to match the body color.

I hear it is super cheap to do too. How much did you spend on the whole process if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks.. :)
From the sound of the can I was using, I'd say I used about half a can, maybe a little more.

My original order from DipYourCar was about $70, but that included 6 cans of dip, the pre-cleaner, and a few other extras.

For one can of dip it's $6.85, the pre-cleaner is $8.49, the nozzle was $1.85. So technically, barely $18.

· Registered
72 Posts
Great Job...buuuut, you know those caps come off right:)

Yup, there is a bulb in there that occasionally needs replacing on some models, I would imagine it mounts the same - so you just squeeze and pull and it pops off. Your method is safer tho, I busted a tab on one pulling it off but it it still clips on just fine.

I am waiting till I can buy another set and just paint them proper.

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great Job...buuuut, you know those caps come off right:)

Yup, there is a bulb in there that occasionally needs replacing on some models, I would imagine it mounts the same - so you just squeeze and pull and it pops off. Your method is safer tho, I busted a tab on one pulling it off but it it still clips on just fine.

I am waiting till I can buy another set and just paint them proper.
Did not know that, dernit, LOL... Would've saved a ton of time had I done it that way... Oh well, got to practice my taping skills as well as my spraying skills today.

I'll google around, maybe I'll get lucky and find a how to, diagram or video showing how to properly dismantle things... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.