Is there any way to disable the 2 honks when the remote start is used? What do the two beeps actually mean? I hate when it honks especially at my apt complex at 6:30 in the morning.
Well I had already disabled the horn from honking while locking the vehicle. It still honks when I remote start it.Yes, I disabled my horn honks before I left the lot. It's in the menu system.
I can't stand hearing cars' horns honking every time someone locks their car while I'm in a parking lot.
Thanks, that worked! I must have missed it the first 3 times.I think so.
Look in the owners manual(the online one)
page 218 - 219
under Doors & Safety in the Vehicle Setup option in the DRIVER INFORMATION DISPLAY
218 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
Doors & Safety By selecting the item Doors & Safety, you can make the following adjustments:
• Auto Door Lock: activate/deactivate the automatic locking of the doors with the vehicle moving
• Auto Unlock On Exit: automatic unlocking of the doors when exiting the vehicle
• Flash Light with Lock: activate the direction indicators when closing the doors
219 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
• Sound Horn With Lock: activate/deactivate the horn when pressing the LOCK button on the RKE. The options are Off,First Press,” and Second Press.
• Horn With Remote Start: activate/deactivate the horn at the Remote Starting of the engine with the RKE.
• Unlock On First Press Of Key Fob (vehicles without Passive Entry): allows you to choose whether to unlock all the doors or only the driver’s side door on the first push of the UNLOCK button on the RKE
• Remote Door Unlock: allows you to open the driver door only on the first push of the UNLOCK button on the RKE
• Passive Entry (If Equipped) : activate the automatic locking of the doors