Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think so.

Look in the owners manual(the online one)

page 218 - 219

under Doors & Safety in the Vehicle Setup option in the DRIVER INFORMATION DISPLAY

218 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
Doors & Safety By selecting the item Doors & Safety, you can make the following adjustments:
• Auto Door Lock: activate/deactivate the automatic locking of the doors with the vehicle moving
• Auto Unlock On Exit: automatic unlocking of the doors when exiting the vehicle
• Flash Light with Lock: activate the direction indicators when closing the doors
219 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
• Sound Horn With Lock: activate/deactivate the horn when pressing the LOCK button on the RKE. The options are Off,First Press,” and Second Press.
• Horn With Remote Start: activate/deactivate the horn at the Remote Starting of the engine with the RKE.
• Unlock On First Press Of Key Fob (vehicles without Passive Entry): allows you to choose whether to unlock all the doors or only the driver’s side door on the first push of the UNLOCK button on the RKE
• Remote Door Unlock: allows you to open the driver door only on the first push of the UNLOCK button on the RKE
• Passive Entry (If Equipped) : activate the automatic locking of the doors

Good luck

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Yes, I disabled my horn honks before I left the lot. It's in the menu system.

I can't stand hearing cars' horns honking every time someone locks their car while I'm in a parking lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think so.

Look in the owners manual(the online one)

page 218 - 219

under Doors & Safety in the Vehicle Setup option in the DRIVER INFORMATION DISPLAY

218 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
Doors & Safety By selecting the item Doors & Safety, you can make the following adjustments:
• Auto Door Lock: activate/deactivate the automatic locking of the doors with the vehicle moving
• Auto Unlock On Exit: automatic unlocking of the doors when exiting the vehicle
• Flash Light with Lock: activate the direction indicators when closing the doors
219 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
• Sound Horn With Lock: activate/deactivate the horn when pressing the LOCK button on the RKE. The options are Off,First Press,” and Second Press.
• Horn With Remote Start: activate/deactivate the horn at the Remote Starting of the engine with the RKE.
• Unlock On First Press Of Key Fob (vehicles without Passive Entry): allows you to choose whether to unlock all the doors or only the driver’s side door on the first push of the UNLOCK button on the RKE
• Remote Door Unlock: allows you to open the driver door only on the first push of the UNLOCK button on the RKE
• Passive Entry (If Equipped) : activate the automatic locking of the doors

Good luck
Thanks, that worked! I must have missed it the first 3 times.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Well I had already disabled the horn from honking while locking the vehicle. It still honks when I remote start it.
It's a separate function. Search through the menus until you find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.