Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Ladies and Gents, I am glad to report I have infact found a leather shift knob that fits our Renegades perfectly. I thank the folks on the Dart forums, for their being the Guinea Pigs on this. Ends up our entire shifter assembly is the same.

The Momo knob, is a perfect fit. I mean so perfect you would think it was factory. I went withthe Nero knob w/ the reverse lockout option. I believe they offer the Gotham, and GTR knobs w/ the reverse as well. I liked the black of the Nero knob.

First off, there is absolutely no way about it, YOU WILL HAVE TO PSEUDO DESTROY/MANGLE YOUR EXISTING SHIFT KNOB.

Now this being said, I did try every option available to get the plastic knob topper to separate. I mean everything. First tried steaming for 30 minutes and it didn't budge with trim tools, butter knife, you name it. Then I tried a heat gun and heated it for 15 minutes and again, nothing. This gosh darn thing must be cemented down with titanium.

So break out your center punch and drill. Folks we are going digging for oil.

I used a large bit followed by a dremel to make the hole big enough to receive a 10mm socket to remove the nut holding it on.

Remove the nut and the old knob comes right off the shifter shaft. Viola!!!!

For comparison sake see the inner reverse of the new knob? It is a perfect fit for a our reverse lockout.

The knob comes with 2 adapter sleaves and 2 lock down nuts. Use the sleave for the smaller shaft, and the longer lock down screw that inserts through the back side of knob. Sorry I didn't photo this step. It is pretty straight forward. Also I slopped on a decent amount of blue lock tite to the adapter and set screw. Tighten it till the knob is locked in. Boom Bam! Final results

And here is shots of the reverse lock out in both down and up positions.

So how do I like it, fit, and finish

Uhh...... It is fricken amazing. Fits my hand better, has an awesome feel. It is made with quality materials and has an excellent weight to it. So shifting has become even more of a dream. Installation other than drilling the original knob was cake. I got mine for $90 from Crowders Customs on ebay. Also these are made in Italy, so it was like it was meant to be
Not cheap, but so absolutley worth the cash. I am beyond happy with the purchase. :D

Reactions: Keeper

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before any one goes drilling this for no reason.
The cap pops off here's a picture hope this helps.
Arrrrrgh. Lol. Not a single dart forum showed the number part popping out. They all tried removing from the center rubber ring. Not a big deal since i have zero plans of replacing the stock knob. But your the man for showing us the right part to pop off. I at no time knew the numbers wear just a cap. Lmao.

Reactions: DogsRule

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to help. new shift knob looks really good much better than standard. Might have to look at changing the one in mine.
Thanks folks. It looks the part, and it has a nicer throw to it. Now it has me wanting a short shift kit. Wonder if Craven Speeds Dart short throw kit would work for our Renes. Time to get on my buddys All-Data and see what the part #s look like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.